It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 16:36

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: WATERWORLD (1995) dts THX laserdisc
PostPosted: 26 Jun 2012, 05:11 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

I was looking at Waterworld Laserdisc and noticed on eBay a dts version at fair price and then checked LD database to see if any Laser-rot has been reported on it. I used to own the THX laserdisc standard pressing years ago, but sold it, doh!

When reading what takou had to say about it, having a loud click on the rear surrounds and about a sticker on the back of the laserdisc as newer pressings where made to correct the issue, I looked at eBay again and noticed seller dadon's pressing as sticker on the back.

Waterworld (1995) [43118]

eBay listing
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Waterworld-DT ... 738wt_1025

I wonder if this click has anything to do with Apollo 13 dts THX Laserdisc as that also has
"click" on the right surround during launch on chapter 13.

Quote:
Early copies have a loud "click" on the soundtrack, rear channels, on side 2, chapter 31, time 36:18-19. Later copies were corrected. I don't know for sure how to distinguish between the two, but corrected copies may have a small silver Image Entertainment sticker on the back of the jacket.

Quoted the above from the database and looking at the numbers chapter 31 now switch the numbers around gives 13. The time is almost the same expect for the seconds

Apollo 13, chapter 13, time 36.05/06s

I'm starting to wonder now about that click or popping sound and its not stated on Waterworld if its on both surrounds or just one of the stereo surrounds and what does the click sound like? Is it the same type signature sound noise?

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]