PostPosted: 20 Aug 2023, 21:35 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

jesuslovesgood wrote:
Player: Pioneer CLD-3080

Capture Device: Hauppauge PVR Composite

Movie: Mummy, The (1999) [44839]

Screens:

Just noticed in these pics of yours, do you see that rainbow effect in the stair rails, there also looks to be some on the dog statue face too.
Something may need an adjustment on color or sharpness, you shouldn't see that from a 3080.

Maybe I'm losing it and you do see that when using composite video?

Post subject: Re: The Laserdisc Screenshot Thread
PostPosted: 27 Sep 2023, 00:03 
True fan
True fan

rein-o wrote:
Maybe I'm losing it and you do see that when using composite video?

Probably my fault for capturing with s-video on the cld-3080. There's a reason why people claim the cld-99 is the the only good North American Laserdisc player for s-video.

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2023, 01:30 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Sort of, you just need to adjust settings to remove that.

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2023, 21:05 
True fan
True fan

CLD-3080 Composite Left vs CLD-99 S-video right.

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2023, 01:10 
True fan
True fan

Players: Pioneer Elite CLD-99 composite
Capture Device: Hauppauge PVR composite
Movie: Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town Christmas Classics: Rudolph/Santa Is Coming/Frosty/Drummer [LD 27309]

Screens:

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2024, 03:07 
True fan
True fan

*I'm capturing with Elgato from now on.

Movie: The Fifth Element Pioneer Edition

Player: CLD-99

Software: Elgato s-video(cld-99 is one of the few players to have a great s-video)

Info: I sacrificed bitrate for a software I believe captures laserdiscs better color wise. I had a complaint on my previous posts and I agree with other posters. That it looked dull. I must say this Pioneer pressing of The Fifth Element is probably one of the best widescreen laserdiscs in my collection. I am unsure if a laserdisc can look much better in Widescreen. The colors really pop.

Screens:

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2024, 14:45 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Please don’t take this as a criticism because it’s absolutely not intended to be, but seriously I would hope you are seeing something much sharper and vibrant than these captures when watching directly on your display of whatever technology? When I played this LD on my setup last week it looked beautiful, really couldn’t have imagined the dvd to look any better overall and believe me when I say I’m hard to please - well ok, now if they had released this in Squeezed format! ;)
JVC DLA-X7000BE
Lumagen Radiance 2144

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2024, 21:33 
True fan
True fan

Not arguing with you but on my Hp 8470p laptop with Display Hp ProBook 4530's color profile on my hackintosh operating system these screens look close to dvd and on my Dell 32 inch 4k 60hz 1800r curved monitor they also look close to DVD. I don't know how you think this isn't sharp enough or high enough quality. It clearly is destroying VHS and BetaMax format and looks pretty damn close to DVD in these screen captures. If you are seeing bitrate issues on your Monitor which I am not noticing that would be because these captures were from Elgato vhs capture or the non-hd version of Elgato and it captured under 2mbps for this widescreen release. I think around 1825 kb/s.

I tried both the s-video and composite connection my Elgato and I didn't notice much of a difference. I actually thought I was getting richer looking blacks with the s-video but really didn't notice much of a difference. On my 22 inch monitor 225bw these screen captures also look pretty nice. Again, I don't know what you're not seeing and i have no idea if it's your monitor or what not. If you're using an OLED or some type of newer technology other than LCD maybe you're noticing it not looking as sharp but I don't think it looks dull.

If you came to this topic to brag about how much better your Pioneer HLD-X9 is over my CLD-99 then well no duh it's a player that cost more and weighs more. I'm sure your HLD-X9 player also doesn't suffer from any clv smearing of any type. Your player is ranked higher than the CLD-99. Or if you think my CLD-99 picture quality is off a little bit and needs something to repair it like an alignment issue or is it a remote a control issue? I am waiting for a remote that is coming in the mail which is supposedly compatible with my CLD-99 which will let me mess with certain things on the player but I think that's only for the 3d comb filter or is it for other settings as well such as noise reduction etc?

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2024, 21:46 
True fan
True fan

https://notonbluray.com/blog/laserdisc-clv-smear/

https://alt.video.laserdisc.narkive.com/ZsRpMidK/testing-cld-99-vs-dvl-91-vs-japanese-cld-r7g

https://forums.tomsguide.com/threads/pioneer-hld-x9-versus-the-others.248558/

Everywhere I go online people say your HLD-X9 destroys my CLD-99 as it does most players. The only con your player has is the weight. I'd imagine it's a lot heavier than my CLD-99. Also, id imagine your HLD-X9 is producing a sharper and better overall picture. I think what my CLD-99 is doing is pretty good for old technology.

I feel like you came here to brag whether unintentionally or not unless you think there's something off about my CLD-99. It plays everything I put in it so there's no issue there but if you think the CLD-99 should be producing sharper image. What do I need to do to fix that? Will the CU-CLD108 remote I ordered recently be able to fix any settings such as sharpness and other settings or do you think I need to have someone align something properly inside the player?

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2024, 09:26 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

@jesuslovesgood Can I start by first stating that my post was in absolutely no way intended as an opportunity to brag as you put it, or that I may or may not possess a better player than yourself. It was merely to suggest that what I watched a week or two back looked rather more vibrant and significantly sharper onscreen than the capture shots you recently kindly posted.

Let me just add that the player used for this was not a HLD-X9 only a regular Pioneer CLD-D925 which is a European market PAL/NTSC model that was about as good as it ever got over here, but as far as NTSC playback goes mediocre and not on a par with at least three of the North American players you possess.

It’s a shame that you seem to take my comments wrong, and I and I’m sure others here appreciate the time and effort you put into posting your many capture shots but as the thread actually states “screenshot”in its title it would be really great if you could also do some actual shots of the LD you are viewing directly from the TV display in use, as I think it gives a better representation of what you are actually seeing - at the end of the day this is only my opinion and others may not agree but regardless of that don’t let my comments stop your shots coming :thumbup:
JVC DLA-X7000BE
Lumagen Radiance 2144

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2024, 12:07 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

Love Bruce but The 5th Element is one of my most despised movies, even coming close to how much I hate Alien 4. Screens may look great but I can't be sure because every frame revolts me and I have to look away.

Page 24 of 24 [ 471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24