It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:08

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Did some Laserdiscs have Copyright Protection?
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2024, 23:50 
True fan
True fan

So I was working on a project to put Spanish Dubbed Audio into The Fifth Element laserdisc and it worked but one glaring problem I noticed is the for some odd reason Columbia Pictures logo and title just randomly pops up for a split second near the end of the movie. Just pops up and I don't know why. I didn't think that there was any type of weird Copy Right Protection in laserdiscs because I didn't think that was possible with Analog Video Source. Now this could just very well be a glitch that I'm having with Screenflow but I just find it quite funny that it happened to be the White Logo text of Columbia Pictures. I spent all this time and effort to make a Spanish Dubbed Version of The Fifth Element only for something strange like this to happen. The logo just pops up for a quick second. It's the logo that appears at the end of the laserdisc. It for whatever reason is being spliced into certain frames near the end of the movie so when the movie is playing Columbia Pictures logo pops up for a quick split second which is irritating.

Post subject: Re: Did some Laserdiscs have Copyright Protection?
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2024, 23:56 
Serious fan
Serious fan

If it's copy-protection, it's the least effective copy-protection scheme I've ever heard of.

No, it's not copy protection. Just retrace your steps and recapture the footage if necessary.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2024, 23:58 
True fan
True fan

rcarlson wrote:
If it's copy-protection, it's the least effective copy-protection scheme I've ever heard of.

No, it's not copy protection. Just retrace your steps and recapture the footage if necessary.

I'm just going to tell my spanish friend that she has to stream or watch the bluray in espanol. I wanted to do something special and give her the laserdisc treatment since I know spanish speakers don't watch laserdiscs because it was sold mostly to an English and Japanese Audience. The laserdisc itself looks great. Looks similar to dvd. It has a unique look and feel about it. Oh well, I guess she is stuck with high definition now. :lol:

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2024, 00:07 
True fan
True fan

Oh yeah, I wanted to make it clear I don't capture with Screenflow. I'm just using Screenflow as a video and audio editor because I understand how to do it frame by frame. No I'm not capturing with it. I'm dragging mp4 formats into Screenflow and using it as a video editor. Just to make that clear. I'm sure there's something else I can use but I understand how to use Screenflow as an editing software despite that's probably not the intended use.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]