It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:38

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Large run of fully assembled DomesDay86 Kits & Calibration
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2020, 23:45 
Third post and above
Third post and above

I'm involved in a run of fully assembled and flashed Domesday86 Duplicator kits. We've a large number of slots open, so we're hoping to be able to meet the demands of the forum for not only kits, but also completely assembled, individual parts such as the LD-V4x00 calibration board, and DomesDay86 duplicator board. Let me note that I'm open to having conversations on a individual basis for larger or special projects if other considerations need to be made: please contact me as opposed to staying silent!

Price List

$400 = 1x Fully assembled and programmed DomesDay86 kit (assembled and soldered DdD board, FX3, DE0 FPGA, and LD-V4x00 calibration board)
$267 = 1x Fully soldered DomesDay86 duplicator board.
$130 = 1x Calibration board

- I'm open to being paid initially at cost for parts ($230 or so, so that we can afford to order the components) and then the overhead later before we ship. Please reach out to me if you're interested!

Please note the following:
- We will ship anywhere locally or internationally (from the Pacific Coast of the US).
- Prices do not include shipping (we'll request a second payment for shipping and materials once the package is ready to be sent to you).
- While we're trying to take weeks at most, please plan around not receiving a unit for several months.

-- Why such a long lead time?
We're setting expectations to give buffer time to the fine chap soldering and assembling all this so they don't burn out, stress out, or have a passion and hobby meant to help the community, turn into a chore. This is also meant to plan around further stoppages or slow downs in shipping from China due to the Coronavirus.

Please message me if you're Interested!

--Noah

PS This run has the blessing of Simon Inns (though he is not responsible for it nor involved in any way) who is the creator and primary developer of the DomesDay86 project. He also noted that "for a full stack of boards ready-to-roll; it's a very reasonable price imho" See attached screenshot for further confirmation

Attachments:
simonOKAY.PNG
simonOKAY.PNG [ 59.41 KiB | Viewed 1472 times ]

Post subject: Re: Large run of fully assembled DomesDay86 Kits & Calibrati
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2020, 10:22 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

Waiting for mine DE0-nano and usb3...then i'll think about buy 1 pice :shh:

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2020, 11:26 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Kudos for pulling this off. I tried to get a group buy going a while back. I even got some unpopulated PCB's made up. It was really hard to find all the components though and I couldn't get them assembled for a decent price too so gave up.

I wish these could be crowd funded in a way that would bring the cost down. Also does the kit come with the RF cable connector?

Aside, the team should be seriously applauded. Genius work by all involved. I hope it is possible to make it more affordable in future and perhaps work with VHS and CED?

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2020, 21:34 
Third post and above
Third post and above

Thank you for the praise Mr. Danson :)

We're at a little over 30 units right now sold in one way or another. Regarding the price, the cost is high because we need to factor in labor plus components to make runs of these sustainable: I'm speaking to a second EE genius who is interested in prioritizing the 2nd run of the units.

So this may be an ongoing sustainable venture! As an aside, I've made a number of accommodations with the price, offering it at cost, payment plans, or otherwise doing everything we can to get them into as many hands as possible. This is an effort for the community and of the community and our goal is to honor that.

Also, please email me at nbacon0 at gmail dot com if anyone is interested in purchasing one, as message notifications from here have been going to spam.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]