It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 17:56

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: So guys, what is your new year's laserdisc resolution?
PostPosted: 03 Jan 2012, 08:19 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Thank you nairau and rixrex.....
This is getting to be old hat with this guy...
More then once his posts disrespect us "pack rats".....LOL

elviscaprice,please go post where there are more people in your camp of thinking buddy.....
Elvis already left the building, please do the same from this Forum if you can not stop reminding us of how lame LaserDiscs are compared to a format-less option......

My new years resolution it to tolerate thick headed opinionated people like this guy who go to dedicated forums and stir up the native hobbyists ....

Manners dictate not saying/typing unkind things,even if true.....
Looks like I am behind the 8 ball for this years resolution.... LOL

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2012, 08:54 
True fan
True fan

firehorse_44 wrote:
Thank you nairau and rixrex.....
This is getting to be old hat with this guy...
More then once his posts disrespect us "pack rats".....LOL

elviscaprice,please go post where there are more people in your camp of thinking buddy.....
Elvis already left the building, please do the same from this Forum if you can not stop reminding us of how lame LaserDiscs are compared to a format-less option......

My new years resolution it to tolerate thick headed opinionated people like this guy who go to dedicated forums and stir up the native hobbyists ....

Manners dictate not saying/typing unkind things,even if true.....
Looks like I am behind the 8 ball for this years resolution.... LOL

:lol: :lol: :lol: Now that was funny. If we can't laugh at ourselves then we got problems. LOL, how can I not respect a wish from someone who can keep it real? My official news year resolution is to not make any non positive LD posts for the year and stay strickly technical.

8-) Elvis

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2012, 01:48 
True fan
True fan

I plan on completing my Disney Laserdisc collection. I've got all the the 90's features taken care of, as well as the 40s, but I'm missing Snow White, all of the 50s features minus Sleeping Beauty, all of the 60s features minus the Jungle Book, and all of the 70s features minus the Aristocats. I'm also missing all of the 80s features too......so I have quite the road ahead of me. Also DID ANYONE UP THERE SEE THAT GUYS POST ABOUT ONLY MISSING 20 CRITERION COLLECTION DISCS HOLY s**t

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2012, 04:15 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

elvis why not keep those last 2 LD's you have for nostalgia purposes? or are you as anti nostalgia as you are anti packrat? i still have some legos and other toys from when i was a kid, obviously i don't play with them anymore but there nice to have

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2012, 07:10 
True fan
True fan

yazorin wrote:
elvis why not keep those last 2 LD's you have for nostalgia purposes? or are you as anti nostalgia as you are anti packrat? i still have some legos and other toys from when i was a kid, obviously i don't play with them anymore but there nice to have

True, Yaz, about the nostalgia reasoning. When I go to sell some hard copy items in the future on Ebay and they can't fetch a price worth messing with, I probably will do that, hang on to them. Could always frame em if I ever settle in somewhere again.

8-) Elvis

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2012, 11:07 
True fan
True fan

chente wrote:
I'd like to finally complete the Criterion Collection. Missing less than 20 titles now.

OK, that's impressive. I have the first 75 and a hand full of later releases but I now have some serious laser-envy. My main goal for this year was to get the last 1981 disc I needed, and accomplished that this week. It's taken me nearly 5 years to find the first pressings of the first 100 or so discs. My new goal is to finish my silent films collection, (need 2 box sets and 2 single discs). I'd like to finish with the 1982 discs, but I'm not willing to shell out $100 for Little Darlings. My other resolution is to make a dent in my "to watch" pile. I think to completely get through it I would need to watch about 10 discs per week in 2012, so I'll be happy with a dent.

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2012, 08:30 
True fan
True fan

ratkins wrote:
chente wrote:
I'd like to finally complete the Criterion Collection. Missing less than 20 titles now.

OK, that's impressive. I have the first 75 and a hand full of later releases but I now have some serious laser-envy. My main goal for this year was to get the last 1981 disc I needed, and accomplished that this week. It's taken me nearly 5 years to find the first pressings of the first 100 or so discs. My new goal is to finish my silent films collection, (need 2 box sets and 2 single discs). I'd like to finish with the 1982 discs, but I'm not willing to shell out $100 for Little Darlings. My other resolution is to make a dent in my "to watch" pile. I think to completely get through it I would need to watch about 10 discs per week in 2012, so I'll be happy with a dent.

I am trying to get each movie, not every release, so I generally get the CAV sets with all the extras instead of the CLV releases when I have the option. Unfortunately, the remaining ones I need are the more expensive ones, like Salo, Boogie Nights, Evita, Montenegro, Robinson Crusoe and a few others so I've got my work cut out for me.

Collecting an entire year's worth of discs (1981) is crazy impressive! Your collection of silent films is also very ambitious. I've got a lot of the Image Silent Classics line, but haven't delved too much into the other lines.

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2