It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 16:51

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Pi²
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2012, 13:44 
Honest fan
Honest fan

Bought the Darren Aronofsky film Pi (1998) [LD 60606-WS] and it arrived from overseas the other day... and it was split right down the middle. A massive crack. I was so bummed, and even became a little disillusioned with this hobby.

It wasn't the seller's fault, he had packed it quite well and I couldn't see how it could have been done any better. Just bad luck I guess.

I always find that LDs seem to travel better in groups. Or is this also a grand illusion and to this point I've just been lucky?

At least the jacket is in nice condition. I think I'll go stare at it longingly for a bit longer.

Post subject: Re: Pi²
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2012, 19:04 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Sorry to hear yours got cracked.

Yep I agree. There are some places (going by how they package ) that I always order 2 discs to give the package more stability. (after getting a cracked one) And if there is only 1 disc I really want, I just pick a cheap priced one for the second filler.

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2012, 21:35 
Honest fan
Honest fan

vinylcollector wrote:
Sorry to hear yours got cracked.

Yep I agree. There are some places (going by how they package ) that I always order 2 discs to give the package more stability. (after getting a cracked one) And if there is only 1 disc I really want, I just pick a cheap priced one for the second filler.

That's a good idea. I'm kicking myself that I didn't think of doing that. What's a couple of extra bucks if it even helps just a little to ensure safe arrival.

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2012, 02:51 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

I do the same after I got Chinese Ghost Story and Bride of Re-Animator both cracked and they were shipped by themselves. I prefer to buy a couple of cheapies, and put them to each side of the rare disc. You gotta tell the seller that plainly or he'll stick the rare one on the end.

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2012, 06:05 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

I have always wondered if I should pack two trash discs on the outside of good discs. Buyer would think they are getting a freebie and the discs get to where they need safer. I have enough copies if ID4 and Jurassic Park and Aliens I could do it for a dozen or so shipments, lol. Media mail makes it no problem either. It costs like 6 bucks to send 10 lbs or something like that.

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2012, 03:39 
Honest fan
Honest fan

I received a pack of 5 new laserdiscs from France the other day and not a single disc was damaged. One of the jackets took a knock to the corner but nothing I'd worry too much about. Definitely goes along with the idea that there is safety in numbers.

By the way, if anyone is interested here is the link to the guy's eBay store that I bought them off. Heaps of discs at some good prices:

http://stores.ebay.com.au/BOBOZES?_rdc=1

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]