It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 03:55

Page 2 of 23 [ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the last laserdisc you bought?
PostPosted: 28 Feb 2015, 23:15 
True fan
True fan

Ran across/picked up Oliver and Company (CLV) and the Criterion Collection High Noon yesterday.

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2015, 02:47 
Serious fan
Serious fan

808 state: Optical

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2015, 03:23 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Ransom (1996).

I bought it because it's the only way to see the extended cut which is nearly 20 minutes longer. From all reports, although nothing major, the extra scenes flesh out the story and characters a little more which is always a good thing.

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2015, 16:56 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

I just bought my second anamorphic LD for 3,50 Euro on ebay !

http://www.lddb.com/laserdisc/35779/STW ... Wide-(1995)

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2015, 18:29 
Honest fan
Honest fan

Lucky you!

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2015, 19:28 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

just nabbed this off the BAY a few days back for like $5.00shpped, one of my childhood favorites;

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2015, 10:30 
Was after the full collection for Bubblegum Crisis and Crash(U.S., AnimEigo, Sub'd) and ended up with the Star Wars Collectors Edition box set, as a gift for the wife, my Star Wars fan. I can't honestly say I'm not going to enjoy it aswell. Will post a pic upon arival.

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2015, 22:10 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

Been buying WAY to many. :lol:

First batch was a pricing mistake by the seller but he honored the sale. When they got here the shipping box had been through a lot and surprised that the discs hadn't burst out somewhere along the trip from coast to coast.

Offered a discount on future purchase as compensation for the rotted titles and the shipping issue. Not a big deal as they cost approx 75 cents each (US) delivered.

Then found a seller that had buy 5 titles for $5 (you pick from a list) and if you bought 6 lots shipping was free. Deal on these were covers could be bad (creases, peeling, spine damage, etc and some are overstock) but discs fine and guaranteed to play.

1st purchase.

But of course had to have more. :lol:

2nd purchase. 5 titles for $6 (same deal buy 6 lots get free shipping).

Problem discs (rotted/cracked) were compensated with immediate refund of the per disc price.

Got another lot coming (even though I swore I was done for now) of mostly music titles.

My reason for my madness is with the pick your own lots is that this is a way I can pick up movies I have never seen and would like to watch (probably no more then once) but have no desire to buy them on DVD or Blu-ray due to cost. Other titles I might have on newer formats but still like to watch them on various formats to see how they compare to each other plus I just love the audio quality on laserdiscs.

I realize that some might call these junk but this is super cheap entertainment for me (and my kids like some of these as well) and way better then wasting my time watching some scripted reality show.

Also wanted to thank everyone for sharing their purchases as it's great seeing what's out there and what others like to watch.

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2015, 04:00 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

I went a little nuts on Yahoo Japan Auctions over the past couple of months... all of these are still sitting in storage in Japan with the proxy service. Prices range between 1500-5000 yen per lot. I'd imagine shipping will be murder... :lol: :crazy:

SPT Layzner box sets + OVA

Macross vol. 1-9

Please Save My Earth vol. 1-3 + Movie + Music Image Video

Sailor Moon Movies and Specials

And the largest lot... at which point I figured I'd better stop for now and recover my sanity:

Cardcaptor Sakura vol. 1-18 + Movies

So... yeah. This is basically my quota for the year, unless I find something unexpected. I'm trying very hard to stay AWAY from the LD section of YJA right now!

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2015, 00:48 
Honest fan
Honest fan

Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Bought these today at Dutch Comic Con. Finally got a chance to buy some X-Files laserdiscs here in The Netherlands.
Also bought Smokey and the Bandit and Harsh Times on HD-DVD, and Ghostbusters on Bluray.

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2015, 11:12 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

clockwork wrote:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Bought these today at Dutch Comic Con. Finally got a chance to buy some X-Files laserdiscs here in The Netherlands.
Also bought Smokey and the Bandit and Harsh Times on HD-DVD, and Ghostbusters on Bluray.

Nice, If you live close to utrecht there might be some laserdiscs at the record fair next weekend. http://www.recordplanet.nl/ huge place, with one hall for records, one for toys, hobby and movies, this is where there might be lasers. Then there is 3? halls with antics and random s**t.

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2015, 11:21 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Been looking for this to more or less complete the small nazi-exploitation collection on laserdisc. Found in on Yahoo auctions for a steal, located in the p0rn section, lol. 15 000 yen bid and went for 600, very happy about that one. Great condition too. To bad the movie really suuuuucks, annoying flashback torture movie. Price as new was 12 800 yen aprox 110 usd back in the 80s, WOW! There cant been many made. 500-1000 is my guess, You can almost think its a bootleg, but the layout look kind of profesional even if its it look a bit wierd, but its hard when you dont know the actual year it was released.

Also bought maniac, swas missing the obi on my copy.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2015, 16:04 
Serious fan
Serious fan

Just purchased the french CDV test.
I will test it on my cdv 185 ;) .
I am curious how they squeezed all the tests in a few minutes of video and 20 minutes of audio.
It was stated that it was sealed.
I hope it is not a rotter.

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2015, 01:01 
Honest fan
Honest fan

Bought a lot of 17 Discovision releases, all CAV, last week and it came in today (Pictures soon ;) ). All of them are in the lid box variety. About $98 for the whole lot. Another $100 for shipping. Express was the only shipping option available. :( Also they came in these strange cloth sleeves which seemed to have mucked up the discs. Cleanable, but very annoying. Very happy to finally find a copy of CAV release of Psycho. Looks and sounds great minus the replication issues. The only release I'm missing that I really want is Dracula.

American Graffiti
Jaws
Jaws 2
Duel
The Birds
Battlestar Galactica
The Greek Tycoon
Frankenstein
The Bride of Frankenstein
The Choir Boys
Psycho
Slap Shot
Saturday Night Fever
Fellini's Casanova
Salughterhouse-Five
Car Wash
Elton John - In Concert

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2015, 01:50 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Nice DiscoVision lot! I don't see Duel and BSG on eBay that often (read: I don't have em yet). The cloth sleeves, annoying as they are in some ways, mean you got a pretty early batch of disks :thumbup:

I got a much smaller not-as-early-disk lot from blam1 today - exquisitely shipped! (multiple boxes, and disks removed from sleeves/box) :thumbup:

Last edited by happycube on 07 Apr 2015, 05:02, edited 1 time in total. _________________
Happycube Labs: Where the past is being re-made, today. [meep!]

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2015, 03:07 
Honest fan
Honest fan

Got them outside of Ebay. But I thought they're were pretty early batches. I got a small discovision lot on eBay a few months back. Mostly got it for Jaws CAV. It was in a side slot package with regular sleeves. Probably buy some proper sleeves. Also are the boxes always that fragile? I haven't broke any of them and they didn't get damaged in shipping, but it feels like I could break them very easily. Like they're made of really filmsy cardboard or something.

Also watched a bit of the Elton John disc and it looks really great. From Blam1's description, I thought it'd look a bit shittier. Also using some reverb on my Sony receiver it sounds great. Sadly, it doesn't decode into Pro-Logic at all. But strangely, Saturday Night Fever decodes pretty good in Pro-Logic.

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2015, 04:08 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

(I eventually guessed where you found them - they don't have anything left that I'm interested in alas. Missed out on a cheap D406, though :thumbdown: )

Yup, they went to more regular packages as time went on - the intermediate ones had the same stickers the boxes had. I think those boxes are paper-wrapped styrofoam according to http://blamld.com/DiscoVision/RecordPlaysPictures.htm - quite fragile indeed, but still cool/different IMO, especially when they're still in good condition.

Also you might want to clean off the dead sides and see what you got :)

Last edited by happycube on 07 Apr 2015, 17:04, edited 1 time in total. _________________
Happycube Labs: Where the past is being re-made, today. [meep!]

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2015, 14:41 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Good day Guys & Girls,

Over the last three months I have been sending payments for around 28 LD titles.
I should receive the first of two deliveries by the end of June.

Current funds sent so far to a 100% trusted seller is $1.760.00
Titles included are as follows;
1) MI2
2) THE SIXTH DAY (NEW SEALED)
3) THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH (8/10)
4) THE BEACH (NEW SEALED)
5) THE FIFTH ELEMENT ( 1 X NEW SEALED X 1 8/10)
6) IN LIKE FLINT / MAN CALLED FLINT (NEW SEALED)
7) SONG OF THE SOUTH (1 X NEW SEALED X 1 8/10)
8) STAR WARS COLLECTORS EDITION (8/10)
9) JIN ROH (ANIME) (NEW SEALED)
10) INDIANA JONES BOX SET (8/10)
11) OUTBREAK (JAPANESE VERSION)
12) DEEP IMPACT (JAPANESE VERSION)

around 18 other titles........I keep adding some less expensive titles ti the list, but it will all be finished before years end, all going well of course.

It's been a long journey and story guys and the seller knows that I lost my job a while back, then a rocky 18 approx months including furnishing my first home from scratch, and also including the many years that my equipment were in boxes, then until three years ago when I finally had my HiFi Racks made to order before all could be un-boxed then placed on each solid oak shelf.

It's been a true labor of love and still more to do...........This year is dedicated to the purchase of these laserdiscs and then hopefully an HLD X0 fully serviced............I have needed to sacrifice many things in order to get as far as I have........

Thank you for your comments Guys and for your understanding as this is much appreciated.......TRULY!

Update 01 May 2015: A good deal more than half of my 28 Laserdisc order has now been paid for, corresponding with seller and looks like most will be finally coming my way with above and beyond assistance by Nicolas by the end of June / July...........1 x more Months worth of payment to be added by the end of May.

Kind Regards to all

:wave: :thumbup:

Last edited by benmbe on 03 May 2015, 00:33, edited 5 times in total. _________________
Το ταξίδι για την αλήθεια κάθε σκάφος δεμένα, κατόπιν δεν είναι να ληφθούν, ή μάλλον βάδισαν

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2015, 17:56 
benmbe wrote:
Good day Guys & Girls,

Over the last three months I have been sending payments for around 28 LD titles.

1) MI2
2) THE SIXTH DAY
3) THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH
4) THE BEACH
5) THE FIFTH ELEMENT
6) IN LIKE FLINT / MAN CALLED FLINT
7) SONG OF THE SOUTH
8) STAR WARS COLLECTORS EDITION
9) JIN ROH (ANIME)
10) INDIANA JONES BOX SET

And many others

Kind Regards to all

hello

wow!
did you really pay $1760 dollars for all these discs? :shock: :o
where they brand new factory sealed or used discs?
forgive me for asking this, ol' chap are you bloody mad paying 1760 dollars for laserdiscs?
I'm really shocked people will pay this amount of money! :shock: :shock:
you must be a true collector. :thumbup: :thumbup:

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2015, 19:46 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

carlosthejackal wrote:
benmbe wrote:
Good day Guys & Girls,

1) MI2
2) THE SIXTH DAY
3) THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH
4) THE BEACH
5) THE FIFTH ELEMENT
6) IN LIKE FLINT / MAN CALLED FLINT
7) SONG OF THE SOUTH
8) STAR WARS COLLECTORS EDITION
9) JIN ROH (ANIME)
10) INDIANA JONES BOX SET

And many others

Kind Regards to all

hello

wow!
did you really pay $1760 dollars for all these discs? :shock: :o
where they brand new factory sealed or used discs?
forgive me for asking this, ol' chap are you bloody mad paying 1760 dollars for laserdiscs?
I'm really shocked people will pay this amount of money! :shock: :shock:
you must be a true collector. :thumbup: :thumbup:

You will get there Carlos, youll get there. :P

But he had these reserved since this forum started, hehe. I wonder when he will get them :) Its a good price for 28 titles, if the other titles are decent. Im not sure why he want Jin roh though, I dont like buying expensive movies I cant watch :) Bet that just got included in the heat.

Page 2 of 23 [ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next