It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:34

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Anyone have Jackie Chan laserdiscs?
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2017, 21:52 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

I don't personally own a laserdisc player. However, I like to create custom Blu-rays and upload them to bittorrent trackers from time to time. Mainly, I like to create hybrid titles of old Hong Kong action flicks. What I've found is that laserdisc-sourced audio tracks for these older films sound MUCH better than any of the DVD releases and even most of the Blu-ray releases. I've been focusing on Jackie Chan films recently.

I usually have other people capture the audio in bit-perfect PCM and send it to me. Then I sync it up to the HD transfer.

I'm wondering if there is anything like an online repository of laserdisc soundtracks that one could download? There are a number of titles that still sound exceptionally good. I could see a lot of people being interested in only the soundtracks since the video will obviously be inferior to nearly any DVD or Blu-ray release.

Does anyone here have many old Jackie Chan and/or Hong Kong action film laserdiscs? I'm thinking of perhaps paying someone to capture some audio tracks in bitperfect PCM and sending them to me through Dropbox or something similar? Or maybe just selling me their laserdiscs outright?

If you are particularly found of these discs, it shouldn't be too difficult (not that I know firsthand) to capture just the audio. I'd be happy to reimburse you for the time it would take you.

Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong forum. Perhaps someone here could direct towards what I'm looking for.

Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]