It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 23:19

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: A laserdisc not in DB yet - anyone care to identify?
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2018, 07:05 
Third post and above
Third post and above

Hi folks,
this particular LD is glued on the wall as a decoration in certain record shop. It's not in DB. I believe the disc comes either from Taiwan or Hong Kong (?) - either way, I haven't been able to decipher it. I wonder what the contents are? Sorry for bad quality picture, I took it with phone - and not exactly the steadiest hands :) Name, in big font, still should be readable to someone fluent

Since I got a LD player (doesn't power on, but I'll try to revive it), been kinda interested in the format. LDs are nearly impossible to to find in east Europe though, as a record collector I saw some for sale only once, cheaply - and didn't bought them. That was, like, 5 years ago. Thinking of buying at least one title (I'm mainly interested in music titles) just to have something to play, but prices + shipping from foreign countries are sadly high... and titles I'd like to have the most are hard to locate.

Attachments:
2017-10-24-2695 - Copy.jpg
2017-10-24-2695 - Copy.jpg [ 144.02 KiB | Viewed 2494 times ]

Post subject: Re: A laserdisc not in DB yet - anyone care to identify?
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2018, 10:02 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Title is "Chinese Light" or "The Light of China", & the subtitle is something like "New First-generation Original Hit/Gold Songs from China". I'm guessing it's probably a karaoke disc, but the song titles are very hard to read.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2018, 01:57 
Serious fan
Serious fan

yuu wrote:
Hi folks,
this particular LD is glued on the wall as a decoration in certain record shop. It's not in DB. I believe the disc comes either from Taiwan or Hong Kong (?) - either way, I haven't been able to decipher it. I wonder what the contents are? Sorry for bad quality picture, I took it with phone - and not exactly the steadiest hands :) Name, in big font, still should be readable to someone fluent

Since I got a LD player (doesn't power on, but I'll try to revive it), been kinda interested in the format. LDs are nearly impossible to to find in east Europe though, as a record collector I saw some for sale only once, cheaply - and didn't bought them. That was, like, 5 years ago. Thinking of buying at least one title (I'm mainly interested in music titles) just to have something to play, but prices + shipping from foreign countries are sadly high... and titles I'd like to have the most are hard to locate.

Hi yuu,

There's not a lot of information to go on here, but one thing I would add is that it certainly looks to me like a disc from China (Mainland), not Taiwan or Hong Kong. The clue to this which I see is the long number near the bottom of the label with the prefix "ISRC CN". This seems to be a hallmark of Chinese discs. I have quite a few which have this type of number on them, and I have never seen this on any discs from Taiwan or Hong Kong, only China. This should not be confused with the reference number of the release. I would also agree that this looks like a karaoke disc. I hope this is helpful to you.

Best Regards,
David

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2018, 19:37 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

laserking wrote:
Hi yuu,

There's not a lot of information to go on here, but one thing I would add is that it certainly looks to me like a disc from China (Mainland), not Taiwan or Hong Kong. The clue to this which I see is the long number near the bottom of the label with the prefix "ISRC CN". This seems to be a hallmark of Chinese discs. I have quite a few which have this type of number on them, and I have never seen this on any discs from Taiwan or Hong Kong, only China. This should not be confused with the reference number of the release. I would also agree that this looks like a karaoke disc. I hope this is helpful to you.

Best Regards,
David

My reservation about that is the "tradiational"-style characters I can see on the label. Mainland releases should use the "simplified" script.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]