It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 08:19

Page 1 of 1 [ 19 posts ] 
 Post subject: Cannibal Holocaust
PostPosted: 15 Feb 2012, 21:03 
Hey guys!

I've been looking for Cannibal Holocaust for a while now at a decent price. Well, someone on eBay just put a few up for sale, for $20 each, supposed to all be brand new, sealed, and the pictures look good. I just bought one, and as of right now, the seller has 7 left.

Here's the LD info on LDDB:
Cannibal Holocaust (1979) (Uncut) [L003]

and here is the link to the ebay listing:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cannibal-Holoca ... 1c236c7cab

Always liked the cover art for this one. last time i saw one of these on ebay it went for over $50. just thought I'd give you guys a heads up in case anyone was interested. Looks like the auction ends March 2, 2012 at 14:21 PST, or when the seller sells out of them.

(no, this isn't me selling these, i just know it is a good price and wanted to share the find since i already bought mine) thanks guys!

Post subject: Re: Cannibal Holocaust
PostPosted: 15 Feb 2012, 22:43 
Serious fan
Serious fan

I noticed them earlier today aswell, not a bad price at all.

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2012, 04:33 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

I picked one up.

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2012, 13:41 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

thats cheap...

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2012, 16:00 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

Not sure if that's the same seller, but I bought a "factory sealed" LD of Cannibal Holocaust from a seller not too long ago for the same price.

It was shrink-wrapped yeah, but it didn't have the insert with the Japanese poster replica inside.

I didn't bother complaining about it though. Maybe I should have . . .

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2012, 17:13 
elahrairrah wrote:
It was shrink-wrapped yeah, but it didn't have the insert with the Japanese poster replica inside.

I didn't bother complaining about it though. Maybe I should have . . .

good to know, elahrairrah

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2012, 17:44 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Could be the Netherlands release? Did that come with the insert?

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2012, 18:29 
Serious fan
Serious fan

It must be the dutch release, there should be chapter list sheet included but I can't remember how it looks like, gotta check my copy when I get home from work.

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2012, 22:15 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

I can check my copy as well. I think I have the Dutch one as well, still a good item.

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2012, 22:30 
Serious fan
Serious fan

Checked mine, it is fullsize 1-side insert with chapter list, music score tracklist and picture of japanese movie flyer. My copy had also a leaflet which'll pretty much clear out the relationship between releases from Cult Epics and Professional Cine Media:

Leaflet above mentions poster but I don't know anyone who would've actually got one with their copies, maybe they ment insert but just used wrong term?

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2012, 18:31 
Got mine in the mail today! looks perfect:

well worth the $20

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2012, 19:08 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

Does it have the insert?

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2012, 19:40 
don't know. i think i'm going to keep it sealed. i have the movie on dvd if i want to watch it, but i've seen it before and that's not really one of those you watch too often lol

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2012, 21:07 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

I also bought a copy and got it in the mail yesterday. Brand spanking new and in great shape.
Never seen this movie so I expect I will be in for a shock if the cover is anything to go by!

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2012, 22:05 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

The cover is everything to go by, what you see on it is actually what you get. Pretty cool.

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2012, 00:55 
Love that movie. great actors, great score, interesting concept similar to Blair Witch. its not really shocking in a time when Two Girls and One Cup is now considered a family dinner conversation, but it's one of those "for it's time it was {insert adjective here}" movies

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2012, 15:54 
its quite the movie. supposedly, when they released it, the filmmakers were immediately arrested and had to prove in court that all the actors they used were still alive. a bunch of people thought it was a snuff film at the time because of how realistic it looked. don't know how true that story is, but after seeing the movie, i could totally buy that.

**as a side note, all of the animal deaths in the movie are real. no doubt the american humane society did not give this movie an 'acceptable' rating lol.

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2012, 21:13 
jeb86home wrote:
its quite the movie. supposedly, when they released it, the filmmakers were immediately arrested and had to prove in court that all the actors they used were still alive. a bunch of people thought it was a snuff film at the time because of how realistic it looked. don't know how true that story is, but after seeing the movie, i could totally buy that.

**as a side note, all of the animal deaths in the movie are real. no doubt the american humane society did not give this movie an 'acceptable' rating lol.

the only thing that bothered me was that *supposedly* they got the extras out of the burning hut just in time before it burnt to the ground. nothing pisses me off more than unsafe film practices (especially ones involving the decapitation of actors). the producers of CH are lucky no one was hurt during that scene

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2012, 00:56 
gbpxl wrote:
jeb86home wrote:

the only thing that bothered me was that *supposedly* they got the extras out of the burning hut just in time before it burnt to the ground. nothing pisses me off more than unsafe film practices (especially ones involving the decapitation of actors). the producers of CH are lucky no one was hurt during that scene

no doubt. one death from filming a movie is too many.

Page 1 of 1 [ 19 posts ]