LaserDisc Database
https://forum.lddb.com/

What was the last laserdisc you bought?
https://forum.lddb.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=8272
Page 7 of 19

Author:  allsport11 [ 08 May 2019, 19:19 ]
Post subject:  Re: What was the last laserdisc you bought?

Been a little slow in getting any lately but recently picked up two discs.

The Faculty
John Carpenter's Vampires

Author:  gypsy [ 11 May 2019, 23:21 ]
Post subject:  Re: What was the last laserdisc you bought?

Image

Thanks rein-o! Watching Fast Money tonight in a couple hours with some friends.

Author:  forper [ 12 May 2019, 00:49 ]
Post subject:  Re: What was the last laserdisc you bought?

!Get that Deagle away from my dick b**ch!

Author:  rein-o [ 12 May 2019, 03:39 ]
Post subject:  Re: What was the last laserdisc you bought?

That was actually the first time I watched that film, it was fun. and it had enough violence but not too much that it was enjoyable pre-tarantino ultra violence.

Author:  gypsy [ 12 May 2019, 03:43 ]
Post subject:  Re: What was the last laserdisc you bought?

The ending is so abrupt haha. Just a total straight up action movie, solid mindless entertainment.

Author:  ryosaeba84 [ 15 May 2019, 16:55 ]
Post subject:  Re: What was the last laserdisc you bought?

I received Small Soldiers and Tomorrow never dies (both PAL French) that I bought from the LDDB shop, but I can't watch them yet (because of my player not working). But I'm still very happy to have them, especially Small Soldiers, it's been quite a while that I've been searching for it, and they're both in great conditions.

Author:  therussian [ 18 May 2019, 09:41 ]
Post subject:  Re: What was the last laserdisc you bought?

Two arrivals from Japan.

Attachments:
59803557_213757346251900_6452522208517423104_n.jpg
59803557_213757346251900_6452522208517423104_n.jpg [ 79.24 KiB | Viewed 451 times ]

Author:  therussian [ 18 May 2019, 10:13 ]
Post subject:  Re: What was the last laserdisc you bought?

This one was a trade with another collector. So pleased to have it.

Attachments:
59994033_213988546228780_4980024767374426112_n.jpg
59994033_213988546228780_4980024767374426112_n.jpg [ 106.11 KiB | Viewed 450 times ]

Author:  speedyink [ 18 May 2019, 23:36 ]
Post subject:  Re: What was the last laserdisc you bought?

Oh nice, didn't know that movie was on Laserdisc!

*Looks it up on ebay*

Oh dear, yeah I don't think I'll be getting that one.

Author:  je280 [ 19 May 2019, 00:56 ]
Post subject:  Re: What was the last laserdisc you bought?

speedyink wrote:
Oh nice, didn't know that movie was on Laserdisc!

*Looks it up on ebay*

Oh dear, yeah I don't think I'll be getting that one.



Yes that is a cool LD but can be rather optimistically priced sometimes.

A late issue LD which was not pressed in huge numbers but definitely not in the so called "few hundred" that is oft quoted by some sellers.

LDs can pop up in odd places, perhaps not so often now but with a bit of luck you may bag a reasonably priced copy. I got my copy years ago within a collection of around 200 discs out of which I kept around 5 or 6 & sold the rest on - got a little more for the LDs I sold on than I originally paid for them all so the South Park LD & the other few were sort of free. If you have the time & can be bothered with buying collections for a disc or 2 or 3 that can sometimes be the way to pick up the harder to find titles quite cheaply. Selling on the unwanted discs can take quite a bit of time & quite a bit of effort to sell individually, passing them on as a "collection" worked for me quite a few times.

Happy hunting.

Cheers

.

Author:  forper [ 19 May 2019, 04:06 ]
Post subject:  Re: What was the last laserdisc you bought?

therussian wrote:
Two arrivals from Japan.


Juliana's LD is 8-)

Author:  speedyink [ 19 May 2019, 06:03 ]
Post subject:  Re: What was the last laserdisc you bought?

je280 wrote:
speedyink wrote:
Yes that is a cool LD but can be rather optimistically priced sometimes.

A late issue LD which was not pressed in huge numbers but definitely not in the so called "few hundred" that is oft quoted by some sellers.

LDs can pop up in odd places, perhaps not so often now but with a bit of luck you may bag a reasonably priced copy. I got my copy years ago within a collection of around 200 discs out of which I kept around 5 or 6 & sold the rest on - got a little more for the LDs I sold on than I originally paid for them all so the South Park LD & the other few were sort of free. If you have the time & can be bothered with buying collections for a disc or 2 or 3 that can sometimes be the way to pick up the harder to find titles quite cheaply. Selling on the unwanted discs can take quite a bit of time & quite a bit of effort to sell individually, passing them on as a "collection" worked for me quite a few times.

Happy hunting.

Cheers

.


Thanks for the tips!

Author:  forper [ 21 May 2019, 22:33 ]
Post subject:  Re: What was the last laserdisc you bought?

More motivation to relearn Japanese arrived on my shelf yesterday, seamail from Japan, been waiting a couple of months.

6 x Hesei Gojira CAV boxes very nice condition, some edge wear with obis, as the box of Godzilla vs King Ghidora says: "This is the collection item of Godzilla Mania and is an eternal preservation item product" :cool:

Also the Ghibli box I paid 8500yen for from Surugaya turned out to be mint and sealed, tested Nausicaa so far and it plays like a dream, no rot.

Got my Orguss box a while back but love it so much. DVDs look so lame on my shelf now I have a decent amount of box sets.

Image
Image

Got a few other music discs, Private Heroine by Rebecca at Waseda uni in 1986 is a highlight, only seen that on Youtube before:


Author:  xtempo [ 21 May 2019, 23:33 ]
Post subject:  Re: What was the last laserdisc you bought?

forper wrote:
More motivation to relearn Japanese arrived on my shelf yesterday, seamail from Japan, been waiting a couple of months.

6 x Hesei Gojira CAV boxes very nice condition, some edge wear with obis, as the box of Godzilla vs King Ghidora says: "This is the collection item of Godzilla Mania and is an eternal preservation item product" :cool:



do you know if these have any special/bonuses not on the more recent releases?

Author:  edwin240170 [ 22 May 2019, 00:36 ]
Post subject:  Re: What was the last laserdisc you bought?

forper wrote:
Got a few other music discs, Private Heroine by Rebecca at Waseda uni in 1986 is a highlight


Hi Forper could you please share cover pictures of the LD, what is the reference? Thanks

Author:  rein-o [ 22 May 2019, 00:47 ]
Post subject:  Re: What was the last laserdisc you bought?

Future War 198X, very cool. I still remember the fight we had on the forum about that. :lol:
I am dreading the day it comes out on DVD :evil: , its such a great film on LD.

Author:  forper [ 22 May 2019, 08:59 ]
Post subject:  Re: What was the last laserdisc you bought?

xtempo wrote:
forper wrote:
More motivation to relearn Japanese arrived on my shelf yesterday, seamail from Japan, been waiting a couple of months.

6 x Hesei Gojira CAV boxes very nice condition, some edge wear with obis, as the box of Godzilla vs King Ghidora says: "This is the collection item of Godzilla Mania and is an eternal preservation item product" :cool:



do you know if these have any special/bonuses not on the more recent releases?


I haven't looked at the other releases really but I'd be surprised if there's any bonus material that's NOT included on these. They all have a 2 sided disc full of bonus material included. CMs, interviews, making ofs, staff profiles, poster art, you name it.

I just need 1984 Godzilla in CAV and maybe the Godzilla fantasy music video now and I'll be satisfied. I grew up with subbed Heisei G films on TV with subs and really think they are the ulitmate Godzilla, the peak of practical effects and story plus nostalgia for me.

Author:  forper [ 22 May 2019, 09:01 ]
Post subject:  Re: What was the last laserdisc you bought?

edwin240170 wrote:
forper wrote:
Got a few other music discs, Private Heroine by Rebecca at Waseda uni in 1986 is a highlight


Hi Forper could you please share cover pictures of the LD, what is the reference? Thanks


Check out this cool thread here I just found about it:

https://forum.lddb.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1442

Author:  xtempo [ 22 May 2019, 12:46 ]
Post subject:  Re: What was the last laserdisc you bought?

forper wrote:

I haven't looked at the other releases really but I'd be surprised if there's any bonus material that's NOT included on these. They all have a 2 sided disc full of bonus material included. CMs, interviews, making ofs, staff profiles, poster art, you name it.

I just need 1984 Godzilla in CAV and maybe the Godzilla fantasy music video now and I'll be satisfied. I grew up with subbed Heisei G films on TV with subs and really think they are the ulitmate Godzilla, the peak of practical effects and story plus nostalgia for me.


That now is a new goal in collecting :mrgreen: . I've tried to get all the Godzilla BDs that was released here except for 2 [i'm not interested in the US made ones] which now have gone up in price. I remember watching Godzilla on cable for a weekend they had a marathon of them when I was younger and loved them ever since.

Author:  forper [ 22 May 2019, 21:30 ]
Post subject:  Re: What was the last laserdisc you bought?

xtempo wrote:
forper wrote:

I haven't looked at the other releases really but I'd be surprised if there's any bonus material that's NOT included on these. They all have a 2 sided disc full of bonus material included. CMs, interviews, making ofs, staff profiles, poster art, you name it.

I just need 1984 Godzilla in CAV and maybe the Godzilla fantasy music video now and I'll be satisfied. I grew up with subbed Heisei G films on TV with subs and really think they are the ulitmate Godzilla, the peak of practical effects and story plus nostalgia for me.


That now is a new goal in collecting :mrgreen: . I've tried to get all the Godzilla BDs that was released here except for 2 [i'm not interested in the US made ones] which now have gone up in price. I remember watching Godzilla on cable for a weekend they had a marathon of them when I was younger and loved them ever since.


Cool, yep I have many small goals for my LD collection, sometimes I discover new things I need but there will be an end, one day, when I'll have my own "perfect collection" and I'll be done.

Page 7 of 19 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/