It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 07:21

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Anyone else enjoy watching lasers to see what they sell for?
PostPosted: 26 Feb 2012, 04:40 
I enjoy watching the laserdiscs on ebay to see what they go for wether im interested in a title or not. Example a Marilyn Chambers disc just went for $51.00 & the old Aerobicise discs can go high. The Star Wars set the last one made varies in price i have 3 of them the last one i got went for $12.50 couldnt resist bidding.

Post subject: Re: Anyone else enjoy watching lasers to see what they sell
PostPosted: 26 Feb 2012, 05:39 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

I just saw an auction end for 500 bucks! Had a copy of Existenz and the Matrix in it :) Lol, took a chunk out of my pocket!

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2012, 09:22 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Hello mikeystoyz, myrtle1beach,

To be honest yes I can understand the enjoyment of watching to see how much some Laserdisc's would finally sell for.

I used to enjoy bidding on one or two titles, and then watching the contdown of the last min, to see how much further the price could go up.

On one occasion someone had the hammer snipe feature engaged but I still won the title.

I suppose if I noticed the following titles,I would really enjoy taking part in a bid,to see if I could win the auction;
TITAN A.E, U-571, THE SIXTH DAY, JIN ROH DARK CITY DTS, LOST IN SPACE DTS, SHADOW DTS and possibly a few others.

After April I shall look forward to being in a position, in bidding on the odd laserdisc here and there, or buy it now price and I think Da-Don has one or two titles that I would like to have.

Yes I do on occation enjoy to see how much they sell for.

Regards

:thumbup:

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2012, 15:52 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

mikeystoyz wrote:
I just saw an auction end for 500 bucks! Had a copy of Existenz and the Matrix in it :) Lol, took a chunk out of my pocket!

Thats an awesome score on Existenz! Well done. I'm always astonished at the price this one fetches - I guess as it was such a awful film (personal opinion only, of course!), no-one bought it at the time and therefore very few copies made it out there into the market. I hope to snag a copy one day, but i'd rather its one of those occasions when i'm the first to spot one of those magical moments when someone lists it on a buy-it-now for next to nothing, not knowing what it's worth ;) It did happen with my £3.00 American Pie and £10.00 Bone Collector, so I know it's not outside of the realms of possibility!

I too enjoy watching auctions and studying the prices. It's great to see LD's still have a good following and collectable nature.

:thumbup:

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2012, 22:03 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

I look at it this way.

I got 131 Discs for 500 total, I paid 3.86 cents per disc. We all know I bought it for the expensive things but I can not say anything bad about picking up discs for that much. I try to keep under 4 dollars per disc and was successful there. That was the max I could have paid but that would have bumped the price up a bit more.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]