It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:37

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Domesday Duplicator boards available
PostPosted: 05 Aug 2020, 11:44 
Honest fan
Honest fan

Two days ago, I got my Domesday Duplicator running. As the minimum order was 5 PCBs, I now have 4 left. Some time ago Nathan was offering them for I think 267$US, that should be around 230EUR. I don't want to start any price war or competition, so I'm going with that too.

As I live in Germany, I'd prefer to ship this within Europe, especially as traceable and insured shipping gets expensive to the rest of the world. However, I can ship it worldwide if necessary. Note: The only payment option is bank transfer (IBAN/BIC) as I do not have a PayPal account and I do not want one.

If there is a high demand, I'm willing to organize a second batch (in that case, a deposit payment will be required) but for now, it's just the 4.

As you can see in the picture attached, all the boards are already here and finished except for the BNC connector. I have a few of the simpler ones here already. I checked the SNR compared to the Rosenberger one and couldn't see any difference. I rotated the connector 90° cause it is a bit smaller and the distance to the edge on the other side would be a bit too much. If someone wants the expensive Rosenberger, I can get that for 15EUR. Btw: If someone knows how to include 4 more ground pins for the connector (the replacement one is a bit smaller, so the original ones won't fit) in KiCAD, the second batch could be prepared for the replacement connector and still keeping compatibility with the original design.

Note that I will NOT sell DE0 or FX3 boards as those are widely available. I WILL do 5 calibration boards, once the components arrive (likely there will be only one batch). Those will be cheaper than Nathans as it is a very simple board. I was thinking around 50EUR. Unfortunately I will be unable to test those since I do not have a compatible player. If someone is selling one at a reasonable price, please contact me.

Attachments:
IMG_0251S.jpg
IMG_0251S.jpg [ 482.02 KiB | Viewed 1211 times ]

Post subject: Re: Domesday Duplicator boards available
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2020, 13:59 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

Hi im just wondering how did you order it ? is there pcb model to downloads for make is own order ?

Post subject: Re: Domesday Duplicator boards available
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2020, 15:51 
Honest fan
Honest fan

The PCB layout is available on GitHub.

Btw: All boards are sold, I only have calibration boards left.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]