It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 23:58

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Laservision - non-commercial releases
PostPosted: 28 Aug 2016, 08:29 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

As collector of LD for a very long time, I bought many collections and thus met a lot of people ...
In the Eindhoven area I picked up many collections, from often former Philips employees, here I met the Blackburn plant manager, many people who worked in the Blackburn pressing plant, Laservision research people and sales persons ....

As all of you know the releases from the Blackburn are creap, so that part I skipped for most of it ...
My main interest is music, however some collectors want to part from it all iso cherry picking, so sometimes I got discs of other kinds.
What I noticed, the quality of non-commercial discs is often better compared to the commercial stuff.

Some of the non-commercial music releases I already posted in another tread, so in this one I want to focus on non-music / non-movie non-commercial discs.

Many of these discs I found were not interesting at all and I just threw them in the bin, the more interesting onces I kept ...

To kick-off : Famous blue Philips LaserVision label marked "mosaique et CDPP"

It starts of at :
frame 50 :
Images de l'archeologie - Paris 1985
frame 51 :
Centre de recherche sur les traitements automatises en archeologie classique
Centre de documentation photographique et photogrammetrique (CDPP)
Direction des bibliotheques, des musees et de l'information scientifique et technique (Ministere de l'education nationale)

frame 52 - 8900 : still frames of mosaique
frame 9025 - 37026 : still frames of archeological sites and finds in Italy, Greece, Albania, Turkey, Cyprus, Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Tunesia.
(From site pictures, to pottery, statues, coins, jewelry)
frame 37027 - 37253 : still frames with maps of all the archeological sites and some more textual information

In other words it shows Romain, Greec, Etrusk, Egyptian, ... sites and art.
I presume the disc was for museum or library usage.

You might say boring, true, not "an every day to watch" disc, but also not a disc to throw in the garbage bin, where to find such a vast collection of images (must have been a hugh effort to prepare and master such a disc with still images)

Please post yours - try to find time to make a review of some others ...

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]