It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 15:42

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Kleines Arschloch - Der Film (1997) [1964-80]
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2015, 12:29 
Honest fan
Honest fan

Kleines Arschloch - Der Film (1997) [1964-80]

As perhaps many already know, the French and the Germans are avid comic book collectors (comics in Europe are mostly bound editions, unlike those in America). If you are a German speaker this highly successful screen adaptation of the Walter Moers character "Kleines Arschloch" may or may not be for you. First of all "Kleines Arschloch" is German for "small a**hole", often given the English translation of "Little (B)astard" instead, which is not accurate but keeps the English language police outside of Germany happy! :clap: Even though this is an animated feature film, it is by no means suitable for children! There is hardly a taboo or sick, sexual reference or situation that this film does not deal with directly, not to mention insulting religious and ethnic groups along the way for good measure! You would think that no one would watch something like this in a movie theater but the ticket sales were some of the best for a German film in Germany in 1997. Even before you sit down and watch this you know it is going to go a bit far, but at the same time you get drawn into the crude remarks and the unbelievable situations that unfold from almost the opening credits...and once the perverted grandfather makes his appearance it becomes impossible to turn it off since you can't wait to hear what will spew from his foul mouth next!!! Like I said, this is for adults and NOT children, regardless of the cute animation on the cover! :D

The video quality is top notch all the way through the entire film. Nice vibrant colors and no chroma noise and no aliasing. At the end of the film there are a few trailers for other films included at the end of side two, the last trailer being for "Kleines Arschloch" itself. The sound is equally stellar and the musical numbers sound great! The cover has great, slick artwork and a very nice pressing from DADC Austria....translation..."NO ROT"!

Last edited by joey2064 on 25 Sep 2015, 07:59, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Kleines Arschloch - Der Film (1997) [1964-80]
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2015, 13:06 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Enjoying reading your reviews & do you know if there is an English language version of this title around on DVD?

Cheers :thumbup: .

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2015, 14:33 
Honest fan
Honest fan

If there is an English version of it, I have yet to come across it. I have seen English subtites floating around the net for that film, which leads me to believe it must have appeared at some point. And since its name in English (Little b*****d) appears, that would be another clue. Wish I could help you, but I only know of the German release...sorry.

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2015, 16:09 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

joey2064 wrote:
If there is an English version of it, I have yet to come across it. I have seen English subtites floating around the net for that film, which leads me to believe it must have appeared at some point. And since its name in English (Little b*****d) appears, that would be another clue. Wish I could help you, but I only know of the German release...sorry.

Thank-you. :thumbup:

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2015, 02:52 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

Excellent reviews, I am happy to have you in this forum. Indeed extremely contributing to the forum with rare PAL edition reviews.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]