It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 18:08

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Peter Pan (1953) [22/0245] French PAL
PostPosted: 19 Sep 2015, 10:24 
Honest fan
Honest fan

Peter Pan (1953) [22/0245]

Yet another great classic from Walt Disney, Peter Pan on a French PAL laserdisc (1953) [22/0245]. Like the other great Disney animation laserdisc transfers this one holds its own too! A nice sharp transfer with saturated colors and great sound. The picture quality is once again top-notch with no signs of chroma noise or washed out, bleeding colors. Disney really did a fine job on their animated French PAL versions, I wish the same could be said for one of their live-action feautures that I have reviewed here, which is a real disaster!!! :crazy: It is discs like this that can help eradicate the nasty reputation PAL laserdiscs have with collectors. The packaging is superb but simple like the others in the Disney animation series.

This movie has had two French dubbings since its release, one in 1953 and the last in 1992. This version contains the 1992 French dub which eliminates it as a laserdisc exclusive.

I am not crazy about this animation style since it seems so different from the beauty of earlier classics like "Snow White" and "Pinocchio". For me there is just something missing when watching Disney stuff from the 1950's that had been present in their earlier releases....what that is exactly, I don't know. Perhaps a certain warmth?

Anyway, another fine Disney transfer and no collection of Disney animation would be complete without it. :clap:

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]