It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 13:52

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Rush: A Show of Hands (1989) [080 574-1] PAL
PostPosted: 02 Oct 2015, 10:57 
Honest fan
Honest fan

Rush: A Show of Hands (1989) [080 574-1]

Rush: A Show of Hands (1989) [080 574-1] in the PAL format is a really great sounding laserdisc. The video quality is really quite decent with a sharp image but from time to time a bit of aliasing in the computer graphics. The gold-colored disc is obviously made by PDO in the UK but contains no rot whatsoever. I found this laserdisc last year in a used record shop in Montpellier, France for only 5€ and was the only laserdisc the guy had in his huge shop! :D

This PAL release contains the song "Lock and Key" and never varied over the production run, while this was not the case with the American NTSC release which dropped that song after the first pressing even though it continued to remain listed on the jacket for its entire run. If your NTSC copy has a white label the song has been removed :crazy: ....only those with a pink label will contain that track! :clap:

This concert was recorded live in Europe at the N.E.C. in Birmingham, United Kingdom. A truly great concert by a legendary rock band!!!

Post subject: Re: Rush: A Show of Hands (1989) [080 574-1] PAL
PostPosted: 03 Oct 2015, 08:02 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Yea buddy,

The Japan LaserDisc version(VAL-3105) and U.S. LaserDisc (080 570-1) version are in my collection.
Fortunately I have the pink label U.S. version that has Lock and Key.

Epic few nights of Rush preserved forever on LaserDisc. They were really hot during those two nights of recording.
Marathon and Prime Mover are my fav's from that epic release......
No Lock and Key on the Japanese version unlike the Pal release, guys are lucky on that score man !

Just saw them at the end of May in Greensboro N.C. and again in June at the Palace in Auburn Hills Michigan on their 2015 R40 Tour.
What can I say, except that they still have the magic and can throw down a kick a** rock and roll show though well into their 60's.
Kicked out the jams for 2.5 hours and devolved the stage during the show to retrograde their stage look over the years. At the end of the show they were playing through stacks similar to their high school performance days. Neils drum kit changed with the devolution as well !

Very under rated band, may they continue to do their thing as long as they love doing it, cause it is very obvious the still do !
No way to explain that band, one has to be at a show to really understand their unique gifts.

Glad you scored that disc at that shop, wild twist of fate for you finding his only LD in stock !

Cheers mate

J

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2015, 11:31 
Honest fan
Honest fan

I just happened to ask the guy in the shop if he had any laserdiscs or 5" cdv titles since he had all sorts of other formats. He instantly produced the Rush laserdisc but could not put his hands on the two 5" cdv titles he had even after looking for 20 minutes! But hey, that Rush disc was a prize anyway so I had nothing to complain about. I will check again with him soon and see if he has any new titles!!!

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2015, 04:05 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

I wonder if he ever found those two 5" discs ?
Might be worth it to check back as you mentioned.
Never know what shop owners are sitting on especially when they themselves don't even know what or where they are lol ! ! !
Perhaps they'll be found ......

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]