It is currently 18 May 2024, 22:53

Page 65 of 65 [ 1292 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65
 Post subject: Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently
PostPosted: 12 May 2024, 19:58 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Rewatched Berserk 97 since a US BD finally came out. So good.

A bit of other series mostly more modern ones atm. Overlord (exceeded expectations), Date A Live (don't watch this) and To Love Ru (one of my favorite harem series).

PostPosted: 14 May 2024, 19:33 
First post
First post

Ordered a few anime LDs (Ghost In The Shell, Vampire Hynter D, Akira) and I rewatched some of my old stuff (NGE, Ninja Scroll). Looking to get the Serial Experiments Lain and Berserk LDs but theyre so expensive! Does anyone know where I can find subtitle files for some of these? Mainly Neon Genesis, but if there's others available I'd love to get them.

PostPosted: 15 May 2024, 01:02 
Honest fan
Honest fan

echoradiata wrote:
Ordered a few anime LDs (Ghost In The Shell, Vampire Hynter D, Akira) and I rewatched some of my old stuff (NGE, Ninja Scroll). Looking to get the Serial Experiments Lain and Berserk LDs but theyre so expensive! Does anyone know where I can find subtitle files for some of these? Mainly Neon Genesis, but if there's others available I'd love to get them.

Hmm, I have many .ssa files to share. I think I have most of these shows. However I'm only willing to share if some other people are too. I'm still looking for subs for numerous shows I have on LD, eg: Minky Momo TV, Mospeada.

Admin, could I set up a thread to provide links to my files for download for this guy and others and so others could potentially also provide links to share?

PostPosted: 15 May 2024, 16:21 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Been trying to watch Macross 7, about 9 episodes in so far, not very happy. Hope it picks up drops the singing of the same stupid song 5 times per episode.
To try and boost it they had to bring Minmay back into the show in flashbacks :lol:

PostPosted: 15 May 2024, 17:07 
Third post and above
Third post and above

The most recent series I've watched is "Attack on Titan" (Shingeki no Kyojin), which unfolds in a post-apocalyptic world where humanity is threatened by giant titans.

PostPosted: 15 May 2024, 18:39 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

rein-o wrote:
Been trying to watch Macross 7, about 9 episodes in so far, not very happy. Hope it picks up drops the singing of the same stupid song 5 times per episode.
To try and boost it they had to bring Minmay back into the show in flashbacks :lol:

The TV series is so padded. So many of the same battles, conversations, etc. I’d honestly like to see a Movie version that cuts the entire thing down to three hours.

Make sure you just get the point of what’s going on, see the “fleet of strongest women” episode. Get to the Dynamite OVAs, Basara goes unplugged, swims with space whales, amazing animation. I love Dynamite so much.

https://youtu.be/b3O-vHpHRpM

PostPosted: 15 May 2024, 21:15 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

I only have the two fire box sets, I don't believe I have the OVAs in those sets.
I'll still get through it, I've slogged through much worse stuff so this isn't horrible just as you said "padded"

PostPosted: 17 May 2024, 13:47 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

rein-o wrote:
I only have the two fire box sets, I don't believe I have the OVAs in those sets.
I'll still get through it, I've slogged through much worse stuff so this isn't horrible just as you said "padded"

Yeah, Dynamite was only ever sold as four OVAs. LD died before any box sets to collect them came out.

The Dynamite OVAs are also somewhat reference quality LDs. Being digitally painted the path would have been PC to D2 to LD. The color is amazing. They also do that late period Emotion thing where there is an outer “cel” layer to the LD jackets which is a cool gimmick.

https://youtu.be/b3O-vHpHRpM

PostPosted: 18 May 2024, 02:38 
Honest fan
Honest fan

No reply from Admin ("Ad" to his friends I heard) on the sub thread, so I guess I should just set up the thread and see if people contribute?

I still have the This is Animation Macross 7 book I got in the '90s. It's gorgeous, mostly the Mylene design. Reading about the show in mags like Animerica then was exciting and troubling at the same time. I mean it was Macross, but the valks looked so goofy and Basra looked like a stupid idiot. What was the connection to the excellent Macross II I wondered? I never actually watched 7 until I bought a bootleg boxset including the show and all OVAs 20 years ago in Sydney's Chinatown. As expected it sucked except for the closing animation and the Mylene song "My Friends"..my main beef wasn't the repetitive songs, it was the repetitive and poor 2D looking valkyrie combat animation, and "space vampires" which were super dumb. In the last quarter, when it
[Reveal] Spoiler:
[spoiler=] touched on some of the origins of the Supervision Army and hinted at actually encountering the Megaroad,
[/spoiler] I was actually enthralled..until
[Reveal] Spoiler:
it just sucked at the end anyway
. Macross 7 sucks and although well animated the Space Whales OVA was also dumb.

PostPosted: 18 May 2024, 03:53 
Honest fan
Honest fan

echoradiata wrote:

If you're still here I made a thread to share subtitles and found stuff for most of the shows you requested:

https://forum.lddb.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=11347

PostPosted: 18 May 2024, 15:34 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Yeah, I remember dealing toys and passing on these Macross 7 toys when new, just couldn't get into the toys.
Picked up the sets cheap and may pass them on cheap to get rid of them. watched some more episodes and in reality the animation style
is just nothing that I like, it sort of reminds me of Evangeline, I can watch it but the story is just dragging, and it really sucks since I have time
to actually watch a series and this is what I finally pulled out after 7 years.

So in a few weeks to a month who needs the two box sets of Macross 7?

PostPosted: 18 May 2024, 15:54 
Honest fan
Honest fan

rein-o wrote:
Yeah, I remember dealing toys and passing on these Macross 7 toys when new, just couldn't get into the toys.

Yeah it's all lame, the "Kawamori-verse". Kinda like the Lucas control-freak "verse" of Star Wars, it sucks.

I'm not a Communist, I don't believe in a single voice of "truth" and everyone blindly going along with the collective. I believe in an open sharing of ideas and popularism to push the most popular ideas. THAT is what happened in Star Wars and Macross originally - it was an open and free discussion of ideas by many contributors and the best and most interesting ideas won in a free market, I believe that's why they became great. A Kawamori or a Lucas totalitarianism has produced some of the poorest outcomes that have insulted the great franchises that were originally established - SO sad.

Quote:
Picked up the sets cheap and may pass them on cheap to get rid of them. watched some more episodes and in reality the animation style
is just nothing that I like, it sort of reminds me of Evangeline, I can watch it but the story is just dragging, and it really sucks since I have time
to actually watch a series and this is what I finally pulled out after 7 years.

Yeah, I think you should see it through to the end though, there is some deep Macross-lore stuff there but it all devolves further in Frontier and beyond so maybe do what I did and disavow the entire Kawamori-verse? It's all bull-S**t IMO and I'm happy with '82 to '92.

Quote:
So in a few weeks to a month who needs the two box sets of Macross 7?

Burn 'em/sell 'em man

Page 65 of 65 [ 1292 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65