It is currently 07 May 2024, 09:39

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: I own an LD-Box whose existence was unconfirmed.
PostPosted: 26 Apr 2024, 19:54 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

Infinite Ryvius: Infinity Box (1999) [BELT-1542]

I don't know how it happened, but by a stroke of luck, I happened to be surfing Suruga-ya through their LD listings and found a copy of this still listed for sale. I don't know how it wasn't snapped up by the time I discovered it (maybe the listing saying there was "box damage" dissuaded some from getting it). So I got it and it just arrived at my residence today.

I have taken some photos, though I can't give it a more thorough look as I'll be preoccupied with some stuff today. However, I'll take more pics later on.

So, here's the box:

[Reveal] Spoiler:

[Reveal] Spoiler: Side-view

[Reveal] Spoiler: Back view

The inner-box:
[Reveal] Spoiler:

The jackets each feature a prominent character from the cast on the front. Unfortunately none of them had Neya, which was an interesting choice.

[Reveal] Spoiler: Jacket front

[Reveal] Spoiler: Jacket back

And here's the ring label for the first disc:
[Reveal] Spoiler:

The first disc has mint markings from Pioneer Japan.

I've tested the playback of the first disc, and so far the picture quality is pretty good. Granted, it's a 2001 LD release so that's probably a given.

There is a booklet inside the inner box as well, and that's probably what the "Ryvious Magazine" is. I took a few photos of the exterior and one of the pages. I'll take more pics of the pages inside if anyone wants me to.

[Reveal] Spoiler: Front

[Reveal] Spoiler: Back

[Reveal] Spoiler: One of the pages

The fandisk content is on side 2 of disc 7 according to the chapter list.

Anyway, I think that's about it for now. Let me know if you have any comments or questions.

Post subject: Re: I own an LD-Box whose existence was unconfirmed.
PostPosted: 26 Apr 2024, 22:26 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

I’ve never seen this show but I know I’ve seen this box…has it been talked about on the forum previously?

https://youtu.be/b3O-vHpHRpM

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2024, 01:38 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

signofzeta wrote:
I’ve never seen this show but I know I’ve seen this box…has it been talked about on the forum previously?

Yep, under Very, very late Anime Boxset releases in Japan.

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2024, 12:08 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

This is like that DT Eightron set, I saw it and tried a few times to buy but was unable to get it at a good price.

These late releases should be more valuable but its not a s****y blockbuster like 6th day.

DT Eightron (1998) [ZMLZ-101]

Last edited by rein-o on 06 May 2024, 18:34, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2024, 17:25 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

vcrwashington wrote:
I don't know how it happened, but by a stroke of luck, I happened to be surfing Suruga-ya through their LD listings and found a copy of this still listed for sale. I don't know how it wasn't snapped up by the time I discovered it (maybe the listing saying there was "box damage" dissuaded some from getting it). So I got it and it just arrived at my residence today.

I have taken some photos, though I can't give it a more thorough look as I'll be preoccupied with some stuff today. However, I'll take more pics later on.

So, here's the box:

Anyway, I think that's about it for now. Let me know if you have any comments or questions.

Hello, i have a comment/question.

What does this title mean to you? Why does it inspire your ownership? Why do you care about it? Thanks.

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2024, 07:48 
Site Admin
Site Admin

vcrwashington wrote:

Glad too see that my research on the late, late releases was not for nothing, it DOES exist :-)

Thanks!

Julien

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2024, 08:48 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

admin wrote:
Glad too see that my research on the late, late releases was not for nothing, it DOES exist :-)

Thanks!

Julien

You're quite welcome. I did notice in my research that there were a few past recorded auctions on Aucfree for this item starting in 2017, but they were pretty scant on photos of the actual item (three only had photos of the outer box and maybe the inner box and only one had a photo of the individual discs). And indeed there were only four recorded auctions which goes to show how rare this item was. I do wonder how many people actually ordered it when it was available.

Either way, glad that I have the item in question so I can shed light on the contents.

spooky wrote:
What does this title mean to you? Why does it inspire your ownership? Why do you care about it? Thanks.

I'd been meaning to watch Infinite Ryvius for quite some time. I have an inner circle of anime aficionados that have a similar taste in anime as I, so it was natural that I'd be interested in this show, plus the fact that this was an anime that got a 2001 LD release and that there weren't many details about it.

The release had only been discovered five years ago on this very site so there were questions about whether it actually existed or not. Now, the proof is in the pudding.

I'll eventually sit down and watch the entirety of this release and maybe report back on my experiences and post it in the associated board for it (the Laserdisc Reviews) board.

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2024, 14:56 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

vcrwashington wrote:

spooky wrote:

I'd been meaning to watch Infinite Ryvius for quite some time. I have an inner circle of anime aficionados that have a similar taste in anime as I, so it was natural that I'd be interested in this show, plus the fact that this was an anime that got a 2001 LD release and that there weren't many details about it.

The release had only been discovered five years ago on this very site so there were questions about whether it actually existed or not. Now, the proof is in the pudding.

I'll eventually sit down and watch the entirety of this release and maybe report back on my experiences and post it in the associated board for it (the Laserdisc Reviews) board.

That's really cool man, I was kinda getting a vibe you only wanted it coz it was rare and maybe weren't even planning on watching it, which I would think would be lame. But that's cool. Planning on watching raw or with some kind of subtitling rig? How's your Japanese comprehension?

Thanks.

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2024, 06:53 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

rein-o wrote:
These late releases should be more valuable but its not a s****y blockbuster like 6th day.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that 6th Day is English friendly and these are not.

PostPosted: 04 May 2024, 15:37 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

First of all wrt to the OP, very nice find. Cool to see.

As far as the current topic, art is subjective. I have mostly posters up but anything can be "art". LD covers have great art and often times Japanese LDs are quite cheap. If someone wants to go that route, seems understandable.

PostPosted: 06 May 2024, 02:34 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Could we get back on topic and stop attacking each other?

If I were the OP, I'd run away from this forum.

Each additional post should bring additional/incremental information relevant to the original topic.
This is a discussion best having in private.

I'll make a round of clean up.

Julien

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ]