It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 09:59

Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Was this a good buy?
PostPosted: 05 Apr 2013, 21:55 
True fan
True fan

signofzeta wrote:
I'm not sure if that's actual rot exactly, but it looks worse than the normal drop outs you get from contaminated stampers.

I remember my copy of this movie having some minor issue but I don't recall what exactly. Tell me the exact time on the LD where this was and I'll check tonight to see if mine has the exact glitch. If it does, it's not rot.

It's at 4:43.

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2013, 23:54 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

For some reason, AnimEigo discs (pressed by 3M) seem to me to have a higher background level of dropout-type noise than the products of other plants, but without the degeneration over time which is characteristic of "rot" as opposed to pressing speckles.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2013, 01:30 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

yes, but not that bad, i've had discs that were much worse, if i had a rare disc with that little i would be fine with it.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2013, 04:45 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

I just checked my copy and I don't have a defect there. However, I don't think its actual "rot", that is, the sort of rot that gets worse over time. It looks like dirty stamper syndrome or some other problem. Rot basically looks like multi-colored snow, not dropouts like this. This problem will probably not get any worse, at least not any time soon.

https://youtu.be/b3O-vHpHRpM

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2013, 22:25 
True fan
True fan

Well, today on Wednesday, August 14, 2013, I have seen all 195 episodes of the UY TV series. I don't know why I felt like saying that, but I just did. :P It's quite nice, but also kind of sad. All I have left to see is Movie 6 and the OVA's :( . Now I REALLY want both the Animeigo box set, and the 50 disc (blimey, that's huge) Japanese box set. I hope that someday, I'll get them both. And lastly, I'm entering the 9th grade in a few days, so I bloody hope I can find somebody that's seen UY before.

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2013, 23:16 
Done with the UY series? Do what I did: start from the beginning again :). This series is so long, and there's often interesting stuff packed into eps you miss the first time around, plus (depending on your memory) you'll find one's you totally forgot about. UY is sort of like the Forth Bridge in Scotland: with so much to watch, by the time you finish the last ep memory decay has erased the details of the first ones (just like painters thinking the bridge is finished, when the place where they started already has to be painted again).

But yeah, I know the feeling when finishing a classic like UY, and these classics aren't being made anymore :(.

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2013, 04:54 
Serious fan
Serious fan

tpgb12 wrote:
Well, today on Wednesday, August 14, 2013, I have seen all 195 episodes of the UY TV series.

I commend you for your fortitude, I think the only long anime series I've made it through is Sailor Moon. I tried Ranma 1/2, but lost interest after 2 seasons. (Love that first season, though).

tpgb12 wrote:
And lastly, I'm entering the 9th grade in a few days, so I bloody hope I can find somebody that's seen UY before.

If not, you need to introduce 'em! I invited some friends over for a Ranma night in 10th grade. That turned into a regular Anime night every Saturday till I graduated; *sigh* I miss Anime night.

Good luck in the new school year!

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2013, 16:23 
True fan
True fan

hoyeboye wrote:
If not, you need to introduce 'em! I invited some friends over for a Ranma night in 10th grade. That turned into a regular Anime night every Saturday till I graduated; *sigh* I miss Anime night.

Good luck in the new school year!

I actually told somebody about Urusei Yatsura in the 8th grade before, and they thought I was making the title up :x . I have actually watched an episode of it at school and some kids passing by thought I was watching p0rn. But, who knows, maybe it will go better this year.

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2013, 20:01 
True fan
True fan

Also, sorry that I forgot to type this before, but I've come to the conclusion that this disc isn't rotted. I used to think a disc is rotted if there are any specks present, but now I've changed. Some of my true rotters like Blue Planet, The Cable Guy, and Firefox have specks that are constant throughout the disc. UY Movie 5 only speckles every 2 or 3 minutes (mostly at the beginning).

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2013, 06:27 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

i have to watch my Tetsuwan Atom Astroboy: Limited Deluxe Edition (1963) [SF220-1700] set.
i believe it has 193 episodes, but i don't know if i will do that before Captain Harlock or Mach Go! Go! Go!/speed racer :?

Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2