It is currently 10 Dec 2019, 13:52




 Page 2 of 28 [ 550 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently
PostPosted: 06 Apr 2013, 20:35 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan
User avatar

Joined: 23 Sep 2003, 18:14
Posts: 1393
Location: United States
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 18 times
xtempo wrote:
that site looks like it sells bootlegs.

And the solution is to "report" the post & let Julien deal with it, as several of us already have, rather than to quote the offending link in your own post, so that it will be around even if he removes the original. (That's what the little exclamation point button in the top right corner is for.)
_________________
MUSE decoder information and user guides
LD player connexion guide
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently
PostPosted: 12 Apr 2013, 11:50 
True fan
True fan
User avatar

Joined: 04 May 2010, 22:25
Posts: 378
Location: United States
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Me? I just wrapped up the 6 episode OVA Golden Boy. What a phenomenal, borderline pornographic take on anime. I spent the majority of my time just laughing my a** off.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2013, 01:29 
Serious fan
Serious fan
User avatar

Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 13:37
Posts: 203
Location: United States
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Record of Lodoss War.
_________________
http://www.lddb.com/collection.php?acti ... &user=tsak
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2013, 03:57 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan
User avatar

Joined: 10 Oct 2006, 17:10
Posts: 3751
Location: United Kingdom
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 3 times
publius wrote:
xtempo wrote:
that site looks like it sells bootlegs.

And the solution is to "report" the post & let Julien deal with it, as several of us already have, rather than to quote the offending link in your own post, so that it will be around even if he removes the original. (That's what the little exclamation point button in the top right corner is for.)


Agree that link is like spelling SPAM or did I say that out too loud. :lol:
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2013, 04:02 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
User avatar

Joined: 03 May 2004, 19:05
Posts: 5954
Location: United States
Has thanked: 130 times
Been thanked: 158 times
glad you posted that laserbite, i think it's spam too, trying to sell his fake DVDs, or is he trying to help us get fake DVDs????
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2013, 15:03 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan
User avatar

Joined: 10 Oct 2006, 17:10
Posts: 3751
Location: United Kingdom
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 3 times
Yes agree. In Laserdisc I trust. :mrgreen:
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2013, 00:41 
Serious fan
Serious fan
User avatar

Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 13:37
Posts: 203
Location: United States
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Finally watched AKIRA again since college 20 years ago...and I still don't get it.
_________________
http://www.lddb.com/collection.php?acti ... &user=tsak
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2013, 01:11 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan
User avatar

Joined: 02 Apr 2006, 21:20
Posts: 1605
Location: United States
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 20 times
tsak wrote:
Finally watched AKIRA again since college 20 years ago...and I still don't get it.



try to read the manga since he took longer to finish that than the movie. It does go in an interesting direction. I'd need to read that again and watch it some time. I would like to start reading AKIRA club book I have. I have too much to read :oops:
_________________
DVD&BDs | LD/DVHS Collection | Criterion
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2013, 06:44 
Serious fan
Serious fan
User avatar

Joined: 07 Apr 2008, 19:43
Posts: 148
Location: United States
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
tsak wrote:
Finally watched AKIRA again since college 20 years ago...and I still don't get it.

I've been meaning to read the manga as I've been told it explains a lot. But, 6 volumes at $25/volume make it quite an investment. I may just re-watch Akira: Special Collection (1988) [PILA-1086] until I completely understand it, or I grow to absolutely hate it.
_________________
Collector of English translations of Japanese Anime
Check out the collection.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2013, 21:07 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan
User avatar

Joined: 02 Apr 2006, 21:20
Posts: 1605
Location: United States
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 20 times
you might be able to find the original Dark Horse Manga versions cheap.
_________________
DVD&BDs | LD/DVHS Collection | Criterion
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently
PostPosted: 20 May 2013, 08:41 
User avatar
I'll add some modern stuff I've been watching or finished watching recently:

Hyouka: Fantastic series 9.5/10 for me.

Currently watching:
Flowers of Evil: Also fantastic, art house-rotoscoped title with dark tones.
Attack on Titan: An extremely popular anime that has been purchased for hollywood remake it seems. Watched first episode, and well it lives up to it's hype. Fans of Berserk will enjoy this.
Space Brothers: I need to continue watching this ongoing, I stopped around episode 40 but was because I became busy. But this series gives the definition of character development.
  
 
 Post subject: Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently
PostPosted: 20 May 2013, 09:01 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan
User avatar

Joined: 14 Jan 2010, 09:44
Posts: 3871
Location: United States
Has thanked: 109 times
Been thanked: 237 times
Space Brothers is a totally amazing show. One of the best shows in ages.

I'm currently watching Mobile Suit Gundam: Mastergrade Box [BEAL-934]. Its pretty rad. This is, AFAIK, the most fancy version of the movies released before they went crazy with re-recorded the dialogue, replacing sound FX, and converting to a 5.1 mix. Video quality is flawless and considering how rough the source is for this very cheaply animated movie (most footage is culled from the TV series) I can't see any reason to want anything better than LD. The number of sides is...a little crazy, I guess (8 discs for three movies) but its worth it.

I took me a couple of days to figure out how to use the Photo CD. I didn't realize how proprietary they were and also how support for the things had disappeared. IFAIK its literally impossible to view them on a 64-bit Mac so I used a PPC Mac Mini with Photoshop CS2 to view them.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently
PostPosted: 20 May 2013, 23:15 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan
User avatar

Joined: 03 Oct 2003, 10:06
Posts: 647
Location: at home :p
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 16 times
cefiro355 wrote:
I'll add some modern stuff I've been watching or finished watching recently:

Hyouka: Fantastic series 9.5/10 for me.

Currently watching:
Flowers of Evil: Also fantastic, art house-rotoscoped title with dark tones.
Attack on Titan: An extremely popular anime that has been purchased for hollywood remake it seems. Watched first episode, and well it lives up to it's hype. Fans of Berserk will enjoy this.
Space Brothers: I need to continue watching this ongoing, I stopped around episode 40 but was because I became busy. But this series gives the definition of character development.


Aku no Hana is amazing indeed.
May absolute fave this season.
I also enjoy Photokano a lot.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently
PostPosted: 21 May 2013, 00:35 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan
User avatar

Joined: 02 Apr 2006, 21:20
Posts: 1605
Location: United States
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 20 times
watching Kimagura Orange Road
_________________
DVD&BDs | LD/DVHS Collection | Criterion
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently
PostPosted: 21 May 2013, 23:13 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan
User avatar

Joined: 30 Aug 2005, 15:38
Posts: 3091
Location: Pennsylvania
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 31 times
Popped in Giant Robo to watch again. So love that series. It was remastered on Blu-ray in Japan recently. Debating on getting it though because it features the AnimeWorks dub, not the LA Hero/Manga Entertainment dub (the dub on the US LD and VHS releases.)

Sure I shouldn't care since I usually watch the Japanese language with subs, but in the off chance that I have to watch the dub (like with my nieces and nephews who can't read that fast) it matters!
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently
PostPosted: 22 May 2013, 00:07 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan
User avatar

Joined: 14 Jan 2010, 09:44
Posts: 3871
Location: United States
Has thanked: 109 times
Been thanked: 237 times
Giant Robo is sooooooo great. The commentaries on the DVDs are great, but of course I prefer the LDs.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently
PostPosted: 22 May 2013, 08:06 
User avatar
I keep passing over Photokano but I will definitely give it a go now :)


lons_vex wrote:
cefiro355 wrote:
I'll add some modern stuff I've been watching or finished watching recently:

Hyouka: Fantastic series 9.5/10 for me.

Currently watching:
Flowers of Evil: Also fantastic, art house-rotoscoped title with dark tones.
Attack on Titan: An extremely popular anime that has been purchased for hollywood remake it seems. Watched first episode, and well it lives up to it's hype. Fans of Berserk will enjoy this.
Space Brothers: I need to continue watching this ongoing, I stopped around episode 40 but was because I became busy. But this series gives the definition of character development.


Aku no Hana is amazing indeed.
May absolute fave this season.
I also enjoy Photokano a lot.
  
 
 Post subject: Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently
PostPosted: 22 May 2013, 08:08 
User avatar
xtempo wrote:
watching Kimagura Orange Road


Love KOR, especially the movie "Summers Beginning". When I was younger I had a fan translated version of the novel (I'm assuming now it was a light novel trans) it was based on, which was fantastic as well.
  
 
 Post subject: Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently
PostPosted: 27 May 2013, 05:16 
Serious fan
Serious fan
User avatar

Joined: 07 Apr 2008, 19:43
Posts: 148
Location: United States
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
cefiro355 wrote:
Love KOR, especially the movie "Summers Beginning". When I was younger I had a fan translated version of the novel (I'm assuming now it was a light novel trans) it was based on, which was fantastic as well.


That sounds very interesting. I may try to find that. Are novelizations of anime series common? Or did the novel come first?
_________________
Collector of English translations of Japanese Anime
Check out the collection.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently
PostPosted: 06 Jun 2013, 09:51 
User avatar
Not sure, I believe it's the Shin Kor ones could be novelizations, this looks like it :
http://web.archive.org/web/200801050924 ... agure.html

The one I remember reading was the storyline that was in Summer's Beginning, I think, the one with the accident/time travel elements.


hoyeboye wrote:
cefiro355 wrote:
Love KOR, especially the movie "Summers Beginning". When I was younger I had a fan translated version of the novel (I'm assuming now it was a light novel trans) it was based on, which was fantastic as well.


That sounds very interesting. I may try to find that. Are novelizations of anime series common? Or did the novel come first?
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 Page 2 of 28 [ 550 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: