LaserDisc Database
https://forum.lddb.com/

what anime's have you guys been watching recently
https://forum.lddb.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=480
Page 3 of 44

Author:  rein-o [ 06 Jun 2013, 21:03 ]
Post subject:  Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently

watched the little norse prince, great film, i can't stop thinknig about it :D

and now watching adventures of gamba TV series, it's running while i'm doing work, not the best animation work
but the story i really cool and i can see why it's so popular.

Author:  brmanuk [ 13 Jun 2013, 03:26 ]
Post subject:  Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently

I found the entire series of Macros II Vol 1-6 the other day complete with OBI strips. If anyone is interested in them PM me an offer.

Author:  rein-o [ 13 Jun 2013, 03:30 ]
Post subject:  Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently

brmanuk wrote:
I found the entire series of Macros II Vol 1-6 the other day complete with OBI strips. If anyone is interested in them PM me an offer.

:yawn: i think all you want are offers so you know what value your discs are. :yawn:

Author:  disclord [ 13 Jun 2013, 03:40 ]
Post subject:  Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently

.

Author:  signofzeta [ 13 Jun 2013, 04:32 ]
Post subject:  Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently

rein-o wrote:
brmanuk wrote:
I found the entire series of Macros II Vol 1-6 the other day complete with OBI strips. If anyone is interested in them PM me an offer.

:yawn: i think all you want are offers so you know what value your discs are. :yawn:


In this case the value is pretty much nothing. These discs are a buck a piece in Japan. Maybe on American eBay you could get $50 for the set but they'd probably have to sit there for months before anyone bought them.

Author:  rein-o [ 13 Jun 2013, 04:42 ]
Post subject:  Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently

signofzeta wrote:
rein-o wrote:
brmanuk wrote:
I found the entire series of Macros II Vol 1-6 the other day complete with OBI strips. If anyone is interested in them PM me an offer.

:yawn: i think all you want are offers so you know what value your discs are. :yawn:


In this case the value is pretty much nothing. These discs are a buck a piece in Japan. Maybe on American eBay you could get $50 for the set but they'd probably have to sit there for months before anyone bought them.


he has posted about discs for sale before and i asked and or made offers but never heard back.
so i don't want to make offers anymore, if he want's to sell he can figure out a price.

Author:  brmanuk [ 13 Jun 2013, 15:07 ]
Post subject:  Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently

signofzeta wrote:
In this case the value is pretty much nothing. These discs are a buck a piece in Japan. Maybe on American eBay you could get $50 for the set but they'd probably have to sit there for months before anyone bought them.


I don't really care. Ok, $30 US for the lot if there's anyone interested.

rein-o wrote:
he has posted about discs for sale before and i asked and or made offers but never heard back.
so i don't want to make offers anymore, if he want's to sell he can figure out a price.


rein-o check your PMs.

Author:  rein-o [ 13 Jun 2013, 15:12 ]
Post subject:  Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently

yes, thanks you have given a price :thumbup:
i hope this deal works out thanks, :thumbup:

Author:  tinkerwb [ 03 Jul 2013, 13:16 ]
Post subject:  Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently

watched that new ghost in the shell ova ARISE.

what a waste of time. poor animation, lame plot, character redesign, new voice actors, fanservice.
its a prequel AND a reboot. two strikes right off the bat.

Author:  lons_vex [ 03 Jul 2013, 22:45 ]
Post subject:  Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently

tinkerwb wrote:
watched that new ghost in the shell ova ARISE.

what a waste of time. poor animation, lame plot, character redesign, new voice actors, fanservice.
its a prequel AND a reboot. two strikes right off the bat.


And I still wonder who leaked the BD ISO one month prior to official release...

Author:  hoyeboye [ 04 Jul 2013, 05:37 ]
Post subject:  Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently

Thanks for the heads up.

I just watched "They Were 11" today (They Were 11 (1986) [ID2239CT]) and actually enjoyed it. I figured it would be another crappy CPM action release (Humanoid (1986) [ID2233CT], Explorer Woman Ray (1989) [ID2228CT], M.D. Geist (1986) [ID2235CT]), but it was pretty good, except for the random food fight 3/4 of the way through. I'd put it in the same category as Toward the Terra (1980) [LVD9502].

tinkerwb wrote:
watched that new ghost in the shell ova ARISE.

what a waste of time. poor animation, lame plot, character redesign, new voice actors, fanservice.
its a prequel AND a reboot. two strikes right off the bat.

Author:  xtempo [ 05 Jul 2013, 15:15 ]
Post subject:  Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently

I watched Vampire Hunter D steamline laserdisc version. I really wish this and Bloodlust get on BD with both Japanese and English audio and subtitles.

Author:  elahrairrah [ 05 Jul 2013, 17:03 ]
Post subject:  Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently

xtempo wrote:
I watched Vampire Hunter D steamline laserdisc version. I really wish this and Bloodlust get on BD with both Japanese and English audio and subtitles.

I don't believe Bloodlust ever had a Japanese soundtrack. I think it was like the Armitage III movie and Blood: The Last Vampire where it was shown in Japanese theaters in English with Japanese subtitles.

Author:  elieb [ 05 Jul 2013, 22:15 ]
Post subject:  Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently

dragonball z, not ld.

Author:  xtempo [ 05 Jul 2013, 23:32 ]
Post subject:  Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently

elahrairrah wrote:
xtempo wrote:
I watched Vampire Hunter D steamline laserdisc version. I really wish this and Bloodlust get on BD with both Japanese and English audio and subtitles.

I don't believe Bloodlust ever had a Japanese soundtrack. I think it was like the Armitage III movie and Blood: The Last Vampire where it was shown in Japanese theaters in English with Japanese subtitles.

you're right. if I remember correctly Bloodlust was made more or less for the American market.

Author:  tasuke [ 03 Aug 2013, 19:43 ]
Post subject:  Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently

spun through a little of my AnimEigo BGC collection after repairing my CLD-3030, just to put it through a few paces and vet my repair work out...

Author:  hoyeboye [ 04 Aug 2013, 05:51 ]
Post subject:  Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently

tasuke wrote:
spun through a little of my AnimEigo BGC collection after repairing my CLD-3030, just to put it through a few paces and vet my repair work out...

I just watched the Animeigo BG Crisis LDs last month for the first time. I bought them out of order and didn't want to watch any until I had em all. For some reason, I didn't realize I had all four until a few months after purchasing the final disc.

Have you posted info on your LD player mods? I'd be interested to see those.

Author:  firehorse_44 [ 04 Aug 2013, 06:24 ]
Post subject:  Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently

Son and I just watched "Grave of Fireflies" ...........
Him for the first time.

A masterpiece creation depicting a very painful timeperiod...........

Author:  signofzeta [ 04 Aug 2013, 06:36 ]
Post subject:  Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently

I recently bought and watched all of Bubblegum Crisis: Complete Collection (1987) [BVLL-539].

This is a great set. It has all eight eps, the concerts, AND the ridiculous Bye2 Night Sabers in Bali. Video has been improved CONSIDERABLY from the original issues. Its brighter and has less noise. Some of the scenes that were too dark to even tell WTF was going on (mainly earlier episodes) are still pretty dark, but the situation is still improved. I guess its possible this was part of the same remastering effort that produced the original DVDs. I remembering being shocked by how good those looked, detail-wise, but that was a long time ago so I don't really remember.

The concerts and the Bali thing haven't changed much, AFAIK. This is probably because there no "going back to the original negative" when it comes to stuff already shot or edited on video.

The packaging is also good. Each disc has two eps so the art for the original front covers was used front and back. There is a book that has most of the art from the back covers, the records, the B-Club segments, etc. Its not complete or anything, but there is a fair amount of it. There are also some stupid "trading cards". Not phone cards but American style trading cards. 9 of them, I think. The box is kind of American-esque. Its got super glossy print, its not a "slider" or a "flipper" box, but more like a US one. The jackets are all typical Japanese style though. Thick, satin finish, not covered in a ton of stupid logos, etc.

Author:  publius [ 04 Aug 2013, 08:10 ]
Post subject:  Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently

I'm glad to hear that the set really is better.
I have a couple of B-Club Kenichi Sonoda artbooks, B-Jon (pun on "vision" & "bijou" beautful girl) & Gallant (as in the Fighting Gallant Girls of Gall Force). I'm a fan of his work, & I hope I can find a copy of his "Visualist" LD as well.

Page 3 of 44 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/