It is currently 27 Oct 2020, 10:37




 Page 45 of 46 [ 908 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently
PostPosted: 07 Aug 2020, 15:07 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan
User avatar

Joined: 03 Aug 2013, 17:32
Posts: 1462
Location: OREGON, U.S.
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 61 times
while i've long been fond of Lacus Clyne, aside from her, SEED has never had even one thing to offer me.

the MS are all pretty much uniform in their seemingly proud display of unimaginative, disinterested blandness of overall concept and design,
most especially embodied within the principal GUNDAM MS.

YMMV, and no offense to it's fans meant, and all that, but that adorable "Pregnant Spacesuit" scene of Lacus'
was pretty much the only thing i was ever able to take away from SEED, besides throughly unimpressed disappointment...
_________________
* PIONEER CLD-3030 Compatible LDP (1988) (( CLD-3030 Chassis-based LD players ))
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently
PostPosted: 07 Aug 2020, 16:59 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan
User avatar

Joined: 02 Apr 2006, 21:20
Posts: 1900
Location: United States
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 49 times
I saw something of Gundam at an anime club but for the life of me I can't remember what it was. all i remember is jungle and more waiting than fighting. Is there a list that could help find what I saw? I am curious to know. I remember more Macross than I do that but I hardly watch either one.
_________________
INSTAGRAM | Poetry Blog | youtube
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently
PostPosted: 07 Aug 2020, 17:39 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan
User avatar

Joined: 23 Jun 2017, 01:55
Posts: 1500
Location: United States
Has thanked: 559 times
Been thanked: 180 times
xtempo wrote:
I saw something of Gundam at an anime club but for the life of me I can't remember what it was. all i remember is jungle and more waiting than fighting. Is there a list that could help find what I saw? I am curious to know. I remember more Macross than I do that but I hardly watch either one.


Sounds like it is probably Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team.
_________________
My collection. If it's not anime, it's probably available for sale or trade.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently
PostPosted: 07 Aug 2020, 18:14 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan
User avatar

Joined: 02 Apr 2006, 21:20
Posts: 1900
Location: United States
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 49 times
Yea that was it. It was kinda boring probably not a good place to start with Gundam.
_________________
INSTAGRAM | Poetry Blog | youtube
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently
PostPosted: 07 Aug 2020, 20:21 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan
User avatar

Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 02:41
Posts: 1517
Location: Finland
Has thanked: 69 times
Been thanked: 149 times
08th MS Team is honestly a bit sh!t and tremendously overrated. People love it because it's "realistic" while it has a scene of the main character dodging, on foot, a freakin' Zaku rifle a couple of feet away.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently
PostPosted: 07 Aug 2020, 20:26 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan
User avatar

Joined: 23 Jun 2017, 01:55
Posts: 1500
Location: United States
Has thanked: 559 times
Been thanked: 180 times
takeshi666 wrote:
08th MS Team is honestly a bit sh!t and tremendously overrated. People love it because it's "realistic" while it has a scene of the main character dodging, on foot, a freakin' Zaku rifle a couple of feet away.


I think most of the people that like it are not Gundam fans. I sold my blu ray of it, which I almost never do.
_________________
My collection. If it's not anime, it's probably available for sale or trade.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently
PostPosted: 07 Aug 2020, 20:46 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
User avatar

Joined: 14 Jan 2010, 09:44
Posts: 4704
Location: United States
Has thanked: 388 times
Been thanked: 496 times
gypsy wrote:
UC is for sure the best Gundam material.


If you haven’t seen Bandai’s 40th Anniversary “message for the fans” or whatever on YouTube, do check it out. I found it quite moving.

Sometimes when I preach about Gundam’s aggressively secular humanist message people just look confused and say “I just like the robots” and it leads me to wonder if I’m imagining it but this video has reassured me. The message of Gundam is “be the Newtype”.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently
PostPosted: 05 Sep 2020, 15:11 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan
User avatar

Joined: 23 Jun 2017, 01:55
Posts: 1500
Location: United States
Has thanked: 559 times
Been thanked: 180 times
signofzeta wrote:
gypsy wrote:
UC is for sure the best Gundam material.


If you haven’t seen Bandai’s 40th Anniversary “message for the fans” or whatever on YouTube, do check it out. I found it quite moving.

Sometimes when I preach about Gundam’s aggressively secular humanist message people just look confused and say “I just like the robots” and it leads me to wonder if I’m imagining it but this video has reassured me. The message of Gundam is “be the Newtype”.


Tried to find this but couldn't.
_________________
My collection. If it's not anime, it's probably available for sale or trade.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently
PostPosted: 06 Sep 2020, 17:49 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
User avatar

Joined: 14 Jan 2010, 09:44
Posts: 4704
Location: United States
Has thanked: 388 times
Been thanked: 496 times
gypsy wrote:
signofzeta wrote:
gypsy wrote:
UC is for sure the best Gundam material.


If you haven’t seen Bandai’s 40th Anniversary “message for the fans” or whatever on YouTube, do check it out. I found it quite moving.

Sometimes when I preach about Gundam’s aggressively secular humanist message people just look confused and say “I just like the robots” and it leads me to wonder if I’m imagining it but this video has reassured me. The message of Gundam is “be the Newtype”.


Tried to find this but couldn't.


Sorry, didn’t see this post until now.

[youtube] https://youtu.be/CWjUSy9OCtQ [/youtube]

EDIT: please someone explain why they tag only works occasionally for me...


Last edited by signofzeta on 06 Sep 2020, 18:16, edited 1 time in total.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently
PostPosted: 06 Sep 2020, 18:07 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan
User avatar

Joined: 02 Apr 2006, 21:20
Posts: 1900
Location: United States
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 49 times
signofzeta wrote:

Sorry, didn’t see this post until now.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/CWjUSy9OCtQ[/youtube]

EDIT: please someone explain why they tag only works occasionally for me...


use the normal link in the URL address bar not the share one so https://www.youtube.com/ not https://youtu.be
_________________
INSTAGRAM | Poetry Blog | youtube
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently
PostPosted: 06 Sep 2020, 18:19 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
User avatar

Joined: 14 Jan 2010, 09:44
Posts: 4704
Location: United States
Has thanked: 388 times
Been thanked: 496 times
Ah, the mobile app only shares the truncated URL. I never noticed that.

[youtube] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWjUSy9 ... e=youtu.be [/youtube]

EDIT: OK, what was wrong with that attempt?
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently
PostPosted: 06 Sep 2020, 18:51 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan
User avatar

Joined: 02 Apr 2006, 21:20
Posts: 1900
Location: United States
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 49 times
signofzeta wrote:
Ah, the mobile app only shares the truncated URL. I never noticed that.

[youtube] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWjUSy9 ... e=youtu.be [/youtube]

EDIT: OK, what was wrong with that attempt?


just do the tags with https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWjUSy9OCtQ without the rest. {&feature=youtu.be}
_________________
INSTAGRAM | Poetry Blog | youtube
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently
PostPosted: 06 Sep 2020, 20:41 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
User avatar

Joined: 14 Jan 2010, 09:44
Posts: 4704
Location: United States
Has thanked: 388 times
Been thanked: 496 times
Thanks for the fix.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently
PostPosted: 06 Sep 2020, 21:08 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan
User avatar

Joined: 23 Jun 2017, 01:55
Posts: 1500
Location: United States
Has thanked: 559 times
Been thanked: 180 times
That was great.
_________________
My collection. If it's not anime, it's probably available for sale or trade.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently
PostPosted: 06 Sep 2020, 21:18 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan
User avatar

Joined: 02 Apr 2006, 21:20
Posts: 1900
Location: United States
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 49 times
signofzeta wrote:
Thanks for the fix.


Your'e Welcome! :thumbup:
_________________
INSTAGRAM | Poetry Blog | youtube
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently
PostPosted: 29 Sep 2020, 02:44 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
User avatar

Joined: 03 May 2004, 19:05
Posts: 6794
Location: United States
Has thanked: 415 times
Been thanked: 340 times
Long story short, saw a DVD of this for sale and then found one on yesasia for 30 plus shipping.
Don't know if I want it that badly but will watch on youtube.
This is an interesting one, I have some dollar store DVDs of these Korean anime films but didn't know of this one.

Goldwing 123 or Gold Wing 123.

Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2020, 22:17 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan
User avatar

Joined: 23 Jun 2017, 01:55
Posts: 1500
Location: United States
Has thanked: 559 times
Been thanked: 180 times
Cobra, the series from the 80s. Entertaining enough, better than the movie imo.
_________________
My collection. If it's not anime, it's probably available for sale or trade.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2020, 14:00 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan
User avatar

Joined: 03 Aug 2013, 17:32
Posts: 1462
Location: OREGON, U.S.
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 61 times
IMO, COBRA T.V. stands right up there with SDF MACROSS as benchmark pinnacles of early-80's Anime,
besides being two of the best Anime of all time...
_________________
* PIONEER CLD-3030 Compatible LDP (1988) (( CLD-3030 Chassis-based LD players ))
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2020, 15:08 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan
User avatar

Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 02:41
Posts: 1517
Location: Finland
Has thanked: 69 times
Been thanked: 149 times
Well at least that's one thing we agree on. Cobra is probably one of the only two anime I'd actually recommend to people without reservation.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: what anime's have you guys been watching recently
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2020, 22:15 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan
User avatar

Joined: 02 Apr 2006, 21:20
Posts: 1900
Location: United States
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 49 times
I've always wondered about COBRA. I might have to check it out. there isn't any relation to GI Joe's cobra? I thought not but then you never know until you ask.
_________________
INSTAGRAM | Poetry Blog | youtube
Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 Page 45 of 46 [ 908 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: