It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 10:28

Page 3 of 3 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Do Certain Anime LD's contain exclusive Features & Conte
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2019, 00:15 
Honest fan
Honest fan

Ahhhh! Vifam 13! Sorry, no that never had a box. It was near the end of LD after BV stopped caring. Another 2 episode per disc release in CLD format, yuck.

Oh and buyee.... that is what I have been using since 2012. I hate them. They stole so many things from me over the years. Things I have never managed to replace.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2019, 00:36 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

segasonic91 wrote:
Ahhhh! Vifam 13! Sorry, no that never had a box.

Ah thanks for confirming, I guess I'll just pick up the individual discs at some point.

Quote:
Oh and buyee.... that is what I have been using since 2012. I hate them. They stole so many things from me over the years. Things I have never managed to replace.

Really? s**t, I never had anything stolen by them but their policies are the worst. I'll put why I think so in another thread.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2019, 17:26 
Honest fan
Honest fan

Yeah, buyee suck. The 2 worst instances would be 2 huge boxes I won. One LD and one LP. The LD box had loads of rare and hard to get items. The LP box also had loads of now expensive soundtracks. It had the entire Saint Seiya collection, Hokuto no Ken 1-3, plus HnK2 plus HnK movie. It also had all the Macross records, Touch, KoR 1-3 plus collection, BUBBLEGUM CRISIS 1-4 (this one really hurts!), Dirty Pair, Gundam, Vifam, Orguss, Urashiman, City Hunter/2..... It was practically every LP soundtrack I ever wanted! I paid shipping on both boxes and they told me they had "accidentally been disposed of", same with a mint VICTOR 9500 VHD player that cost me ¥1000.

Tenso f***ed me over as well. They also "disposed of orders" I made at online shops that I later found on yahoo!! I kept hoping and hoping the LD and LP boxes would be the same but I never saw them....

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2019, 01:38 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

segasonic91 wrote:
Yeah, buyee suck. The 2 worst instances would be 2 huge boxes I won. One LD and one LP. The LD box had loads of rare and hard to get items. The LP box also had loads of now expensive soundtracks. It had the entire Saint Seiya collection, Hokuto no Ken 1-3, plus HnK2 plus HnK movie. It also had all the Macross records, Touch, KoR 1-3 plus collection, BUBBLEGUM CRISIS 1-4 (this one really hurts!), Dirty Pair, Gundam, Vifam, Orguss, Urashiman, City Hunter/2..... It was practically every LP soundtrack I ever wanted! I paid shipping on both boxes and they told me they had "accidentally been disposed of", same with a mint VICTOR 9500 VHD player that cost me ¥1000.

Tenso f***ed me over as well. They also "disposed of orders" I made at online shops that I later found on yahoo!! I kept hoping and hoping the LD and LP boxes would be the same but I never saw them....

That's the f***en worst!! I didn't know they were criminals as well. :x

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2019, 16:18 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Well that's pretty terrible. :(

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2019, 17:22 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

I remember reading in either Animerica or Protoculture Addicts back in the day that the LD releases of The Vision of Escaflowne featured a special version of one of the episodes on side B of the LDs which supposedly added more animation and effects to make it OAV quality.

According to LDDb, the LD releases have a "long version" of one of the episodes on side B of several of the discs.

Later discs had music videos and interviews with the voice cast.

I haven't compared the initial DVD release or the remaster DVD/Blu with these special/long versions so I can't be sure if these episodes were used rather than the standard versions.

I don't think the voice cast interviews were carried over either as none of the details of the later releases mention them.

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2019, 17:29 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

The LD release of the Garou Densetsu/Fatal Fury TV Anime features TV commercials for the Garou Densetsu/Fatal Fury Special video game.

It's odd, but they did the same for the VHS release of Garou Densetsu: The Motion Picture including several commercials and a featurette (with some laughable live-action sequences) for Garou Densetsu/Fatal Fury 3 video game, but not on the Laserdisc release.

I can only surmise that this was due to the fact that the VHS I have is the sell-through version, and the LD came out around the time that the VHS rental version was released. Guessing the rental VHS didn't have the extras.

Reminds me, I need to re-upload that featurette to youtube . . .

PostPosted: 08 May 2019, 03:59 
Honest fan
Honest fan

I have always wanted to know if the DVD releases (original and HD master) had the TV or LD versions. The original Jp DVD release that I own are nasty composhit masters, but I never had the LDs to compare. The fact that they were horrible composhit makes it more than likely the LD masters but I am not sure. Because despite what some uninformed people think, there are different masters made for different releases. The US VHS release was the TV version, so masters existed for it.

PostPosted: 08 May 2019, 21:24 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

elahrairrah wrote:
I remember reading in either Animerica or Protoculture Addicts back in the day that the LD releases of The Vision of Escaflowne featured a special version of one of the episodes on side B of the LDs which supposedly added more animation and effects to make it OAV quality.

According to LDDb, the LD releases have a "long version" of one of the episodes on side B of several of the discs.

Later discs had music videos and interviews with the voice cast.

I haven't compared the initial DVD release or the remaster DVD/Blu with these special/long versions so I can't be sure if these episodes were used rather than the standard versions.

I don't think the voice cast interviews were carried over either as none of the details of the later releases mention them.

I always wanted to get this on LD but I have the US BD and Limited Edition DVD with the Black Escaflowne figure. The movie soundtrack from the 3 Disc set is my favorite movie score of all time. Also have the first BD of the movie.

I thought everything carried over to the Japanese BD but if the interviews didn't I suppose I try to get the LDs over the BD. Does this have a box like Nadia Perfect Collection or the Eva 3 boxes to hold the LDs or are they just loose?

Page 3 of 3 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3