It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 10:04

Page 10 of 10 [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: What's the worst anime you've ever seen?
PostPosted: 03 May 2019, 02:25 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

I bought one of those pirate Optimus Primes on eBay last year. It has some issues. The stickers don’t stick. The rubber has slightly perished in the box. Roller’s little rubber tube was completely shot. I made a few repairs and it’s a really solid Prime for $38, especially when you consider Hasbro is selling a cab-only version at Walmart for $50! The box tried hard but was laughably incorrect so I pitched it.

What I can’t quite figure out is why there aren’t more of the things out there, particularly KOs of rare guys like Twincast which would be easily done and could hardly be worse than the official one.

https://youtu.be/b3O-vHpHRpM

PostPosted: 03 May 2019, 04:09 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

1st issue were actually Takara Diaclone pieces that were just repackaged, later on they retooled the molds for Hasbro.
While I wanted to pickup some of the dinobots I also just never go around and don't have the need now but they could have been from the
later retooled Hasbro molds that were again retooled.

Now on another note, the Roller I had when original had hard plastic wheels that snapped onto the car, did they change the design later on?
It was also fun being in NYC when these came out, you could get the boots really cheap and they were still diecast.

The one I remember most was the Omega Supreme, found a boot of that one, the art on the box was exactly like the original release of the toy.
Wow they were really pulling at straws to find any robot to toss into that line after the first line launched and they exhausted Takara, going to some rando
Japanese toy company for Shockwave was a real stretch and that was bootlegged so many times its not even funny, I think Radioshack even had a boot of that one.

PostPosted: 03 May 2019, 12:35 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

I'd better start a new thread for this so we can stop derailing this one :P

PostPosted: 03 May 2019, 15:39 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

takeshi666 wrote:

We can always derail that one and talk about the worst anime we've seen :lol:

PostPosted: 03 May 2019, 16:50 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

xtempo wrote:
takeshi666 wrote:

We can always derail that one and talk about the worst anime we've seen :lol:

You'd be surprised by the kind of rabbit hole you end up tumbling down when you look into the most obscure 70's super robot anime and the merchandise it had. :P

Although I think some of those have received a small resurgence thanks to an orchestrated effort to bring them back into consciousness, I think shows like UFO Warrior Daiapolon and Mechander were recently shown in re-runs on Japanese television. I think Ginguiser might've been one as well.

If you think vintage Transformers are expensive, you should see the prices on stuff like the Jumbo Machinder Spazer from Grendizer, I recall somebody having paid a five figure sum for one of those. Hell, even some of the modern releases have gone up in price like crazy. Even relatively mainstream releases like some of the Soul of Chogokin entries seem to return to their OOP prices despite multiple re-releases, like Godmars or Combattler.

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2019, 22:01 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

I just remembered that we had this thread, and I remembered an anime that I actually dropped less than ten episodes in because I realized, this was really, really going to suck. The anime in question was Ginga Densetsu Weed and it managed to tick just about every box on the list of story tropes I hate. I actually ended up spoiling myself, deliberately, just to see where this was going to go because my gut told me it was not good, and you know what, I was right, what I read indeed sounded like absolute trash and I am so glad I didn't waste my time watching the rest of it.

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2019, 22:05 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

I’ve seen very little of newer Leijiverse stuff.

...looking it up....

Oh it’s actually a dog anime?

https://youtu.be/b3O-vHpHRpM

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2019, 22:34 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Yeah, it's a sequel to Ginga Nagareboshi Gin. Stupid popular in Finland but I never saw it as a kid myself.

Weed just falls to all the trappings of the usual awful sequel; surviving characters from the original are killed off to show off the new bad guy "means business" and the protagonist is a stupid naive idiot and even his dad - the protagonist of the original - wants to kill the villain at the end, but the hero won't have it because "then we'll be just as bad" as the murdering rapist, who of course learns absolutely nothing from the whole thing and merely taunts him for sparing his life, only to be killed by a f***ing freak lightning bolt.

Actually reading about it made it even worse because then I learned that in the original manga, there was a major human character - and humans actually played a big part in the original series as well - who gets to deliver the killing blow. The anime simply eliminated humans from the story completely, thus necessitating the villain's death through a ridiculous deus ex machina.

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2019, 00:21 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

I watched a lot more of Say I Love You and while I enjoy it I could see it making it to a thread like this if watched by a different person. It is a painfully awkward shoujo show.

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2020, 15:34 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

CYBER CITY OEDO and VIDEO GIRL Ai on DVD were my most recent acquisitions,
and at least they did an admirable job of washing the bad taste out of my mouth,
left behind by the cavalcade of crap Anime i've endured over the last couple years...

Page 10 of 10 [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10