It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:04

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Slim Pickings
PostPosted: 19 Aug 2016, 04:17 
Serious fan
Serious fan

Wow, eBay has been pretty bare as far as anime LD goes. Some BINs that are totally unrealistic given what these are worth, like a Japanese seller with the Lodoss War box for hundreds, and some scraps here and there in Hong Kong and such. I haven't seen deals like the KOR Japanese box I got a few years back for like $40 (lot's more for copies I've found now on eBay) or just the volume of entire otaku LD collections being liquidated there (used to see that often).

Here's to the dry spell ending, and perhaps another seller in Japan as cheap and easy to order from as Surugaya appearing (wishful thinking for the latter-their overseas sales must have lost money which is why they were eliminated when some boss found that little Rakuten nook and was like :?: :?: :?: ).

Post subject: Re: Slim Pickings
PostPosted: 19 Aug 2016, 10:18 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Well, eBay is probably one of the worst places to buy stuff in general. The prices are completely crazy and unrealistic, which also cause a lot of confusion for people who doesn't know any better. If I'm going to follow the BIN prices on eBay, which many people do when they try to find out the value of something, then I have like 15.000 USD worth of Pokémon cards. I only use that place to buy as my very last option, and only if I'm really desperate. I see someone want 700 USD for the whole Neon Genesis Evangelion set on eBay now. I bought the whole set for like.... 60 USD from a Japanese auction site (including 0:X and symphony of evangelion). I probably could get it cheaper if I waited some more, as they sell for like 5 USD per box, and 1 USD for single discs, in second hand stores over there.

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2016, 11:09 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

You could use a proxy for Surugaya like Suto Corp

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2016, 23:20 
Serious fan
Serious fan

The eBay situation has definitely deteriorated. I was able to get a mint Maison Ikkoku LD24 box like 5 years back for just $50 on eBay, as another example of the "old days", which would sit as a BIN for like $500 now. The eBay inflation has affected everything-classic video games are out of control, and that hobby has been ruined with NES/SNES prices simply mad.

The Ghibli Ga Ippai box I payed almost $200 for a few years ago on the 'Bay doesn't seem so bad now (my biggest LD purchase, price wise). I noticed that a somewhat moldy looking copy sold for a BIN of $300 in June (no outer box, either).

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]