It is currently 22 Oct 2019, 20:11




 Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Ghost in the Shell: Premium Box BEAL-921
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2017, 11:43 
Serious fan
Serious fan
User avatar

Joined: 17 Mar 2014, 07:26
Posts: 167
Location: Japan
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 6 times
well it's an issue insofar as i had to tear them out of the sleeves leaving plastic bits of the sleeve glued to the disc then had to spend 3 hours cleaning them after buying some Mr. Masking at my expense to clean it ( https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B000VG6WX2/ ) and then remove the rest of it from all the edges of the discs!

not as bad as many of the non-playing discs i've gotten. the bubblegum crisis box, the glue came undone between the two disc layers. sounded like my LD player was going to explode spinning up and it just gave errors about how I must have more than 1 disc on the tray haha.

but yeah it's 1 of 10 or 1 of 20 i get from YAJ and i don't blame anything except that i am buying 20-30 year old items.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ghost in the Shell: Premium Box BEAL-921
PostPosted: 19 Sep 2017, 07:42 
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: 07 Aug 2002, 23:37
Posts: 2521
Location: Tokyo
Has thanked: 84 times
Been thanked: 175 times
Right now the cover pics are quite limited for Ghost in the Shell: Premium Box (1995) [BEAL-921] but if someone owns it and can take quality pictures of the full contents, I'd add them for everyone's benefit!

Julien
_________________
LDDb on Facebook!
HLD-X9 | LG-1 | RFD-1 | MSC-4000 | Lumagen 2144
DHS-8.8 | Oppo 205 | SL-1200G
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ghost in the Shell: Premium Box BEAL-921
PostPosted: 19 Sep 2017, 17:12 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post
User avatar

Joined: 18 Apr 2017, 13:37
Posts: 14
Location: Sweden
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0 time
If no one beats me to it I'll fix pictures tonight when I get home.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ghost in the Shell: Premium Box BEAL-921
PostPosted: 20 Sep 2017, 09:05 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post
User avatar

Joined: 18 Apr 2017, 13:37
Posts: 14
Location: Sweden
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0 time
hsballina wrote:
If no one beats me to it I'll fix pictures tonight when I get home.

Sorry, didn't have time yesterday when getting home. My wife has friends and relatives in and around Mexico City and the evening was spent trying to locate them after the earthquake. Still looking for a few :cry:
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ghost in the Shell: Premium Box BEAL-921
PostPosted: 21 Sep 2017, 09:33 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan
User avatar

Joined: 20 Feb 2011, 19:23
Posts: 1003
Location: United Kingdom
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 11 times
hsballina wrote:
Sorry, didn't have time yesterday when getting home. My wife has friends and relatives in and around Mexico City and the evening was spent trying to locate them after the earthquake. Still looking for a few :cry:

No need to apologise; friends and family are far more important than laserdiscs. I hope everyone is safe.
_________________
Pioneer DVL-919E, Onkyo TX-NR626, LG C8 OLED.
My Collection
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ghost in the Shell: Premium Box BEAL-921
PostPosted: 26 Sep 2017, 18:53 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post
User avatar

Joined: 18 Apr 2017, 13:37
Posts: 14
Location: Sweden
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0 time
hippiedalek wrote:
hsballina wrote:
Sorry, didn't have time yesterday when getting home. My wife has friends and relatives in and around Mexico City and the evening was spent trying to locate them after the earthquake. Still looking for a few :cry:

No need to apologise; friends and family are far more important than laserdiscs. I hope everyone is safe.

All accounted for, which is a relief. At the same time it makes me feel bad for all of those who did lose someone in the quakes. What makes me angry is how the government and the authorities are acting. Seizing food and medical transports, allegedly for controlling that they don't fall in the wrong hands. Problem is that they are the wrong hands, benefiting on the misery of their own people. Urgh....enough politics.

I tried taking pictures of the GitS cover but I realized I will need a lightbox. The cover is so glossy that it reflects everything :problem: The front kinda works due to the illustration but the back is almost entirely black and works great as a mirror.

I'm going to order a lightbox from evilBay and take the pictures once it arrives. I have a few more titles that are missing cover pics as well (mostly anime). I'll add them too.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ghost in the Shell: Premium Box BEAL-921
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2017, 06:11 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan
User avatar

Joined: 23 Sep 2003, 18:14
Posts: 1393
Location: United States
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 18 times
hsballina wrote:
I tried taking pictures of the GitS cover but I realized I will need a lightbox. The cover is so glossy that it reflects everything :problem: The front kinda works due to the illustration but the back is almost entirely black and works great as a mirror.

I'm going to order a lightbox from evilBay and take the pictures once it arrives. I have a few more titles that are missing cover pics as well (mostly anime). I'll add them too.

This is a problem I've repeatedly had with anime covers. I have lots of photos which are marginally usable.
_________________
MUSE decoder information and user guides
LD player connexion guide
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ghost in the Shell: Premium Box BEAL-921
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2017, 06:51 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan
User avatar

Joined: 14 Jan 2010, 09:44
Posts: 3780
Location: United States
Has thanked: 87 times
Been thanked: 215 times
Are you just trying to take a photo of an LD with no glare? You don't need you buy anything to do that, just learn to use your camera and lamps and stuff. In case it isn't obvious, no flash.
Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: