It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 21:54

Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Ghost in the Shell: Premium Box BEAL-921
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2017, 11:43 
Serious fan
Serious fan

well it's an issue insofar as i had to tear them out of the sleeves leaving plastic bits of the sleeve glued to the disc then had to spend 3 hours cleaning them after buying some Mr. Masking at my expense to clean it ( https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B000VG6WX2/ ) and then remove the rest of it from all the edges of the discs!

not as bad as many of the non-playing discs i've gotten. the bubblegum crisis box, the glue came undone between the two disc layers. sounded like my LD player was going to explode spinning up and it just gave errors about how I must have more than 1 disc on the tray haha.

but yeah it's 1 of 10 or 1 of 20 i get from YAJ and i don't blame anything except that i am buying 20-30 year old items.

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2017, 07:42 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Right now the cover pics are quite limited for Ghost in the Shell: Premium Box (1995) [BEAL-921] but if someone owns it and can take quality pictures of the full contents, I'd add them for everyone's benefit!

Julien

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2017, 17:12 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

If no one beats me to it I'll fix pictures tonight when I get home.

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2017, 09:05 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

hsballina wrote:
If no one beats me to it I'll fix pictures tonight when I get home.

Sorry, didn't have time yesterday when getting home. My wife has friends and relatives in and around Mexico City and the evening was spent trying to locate them after the earthquake. Still looking for a few :cry:

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2017, 09:33 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

hsballina wrote:
Sorry, didn't have time yesterday when getting home. My wife has friends and relatives in and around Mexico City and the evening was spent trying to locate them after the earthquake. Still looking for a few :cry:

No need to apologise; friends and family are far more important than laserdiscs. I hope everyone is safe.

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2017, 18:53 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

hippiedalek wrote:
hsballina wrote:

No need to apologise; friends and family are far more important than laserdiscs. I hope everyone is safe.

All accounted for, which is a relief. At the same time it makes me feel bad for all of those who did lose someone in the quakes. What makes me angry is how the government and the authorities are acting. Seizing food and medical transports, allegedly for controlling that they don't fall in the wrong hands. Problem is that they are the wrong hands, benefiting on the misery of their own people. Urgh....enough politics.

I tried taking pictures of the GitS cover but I realized I will need a lightbox. The cover is so glossy that it reflects everything :problem: The front kinda works due to the illustration but the back is almost entirely black and works great as a mirror.

I'm going to order a lightbox from evilBay and take the pictures once it arrives. I have a few more titles that are missing cover pics as well (mostly anime). I'll add them too.

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2017, 06:11 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

hsballina wrote:
I tried taking pictures of the GitS cover but I realized I will need a lightbox. The cover is so glossy that it reflects everything :problem: The front kinda works due to the illustration but the back is almost entirely black and works great as a mirror.

I'm going to order a lightbox from evilBay and take the pictures once it arrives. I have a few more titles that are missing cover pics as well (mostly anime). I'll add them too.

This is a problem I've repeatedly had with anime covers. I have lots of photos which are marginally usable.

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2017, 06:51 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Are you just trying to take a photo of an LD with no glare? You don't need you buy anything to do that, just learn to use your camera and lamps and stuff. In case it isn't obvious, no flash.

https://youtu.be/b3O-vHpHRpM

Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2