It is currently 26 Oct 2020, 16:42

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: RHEA GALL FORCE
PostPosted: 15 Sep 2020, 21:09 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

I recently watched this on youtube which takes place before something or other can't remember since been years since I saw all of Gall Force on LaserDisc and not even sure if I still have it. It seems they should have released this on Laserdisc in the US but it was cancelled. anyone know why? it makes everything complete but the version on youtube was dub so it must have had a complete run or so on VHS.

any thoughts?

Post subject: Re: RHEA GALL FORCE
PostPosted: 15 Sep 2020, 23:16 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

xtempo wrote:
I recently watched this on youtube which takes place before something or other can't remember since been years since I saw all of Gall Force on LaserDisc and not even sure if I still have it. It seems they should have released this on Laserdisc in the US but it was cancelled. anyone know why? it makes everything complete but the version on youtube was dub so it must have had a complete run or so on VHS.

The three-part OVA Gall Force: Earth Chapter was a direct sequel to Rhea Gall Force. I don't have any information myself as to why Rhea Gall Force wasn't released on LD here in the US, and I find it rather disappointing as it's my favorite installment in the franchise. What I do know is that CPM eventually released it on DVD in the States, but I don't have that DVD and don't know anything about the dub or possible releases on other formats.

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2020, 22:18 
Honest fan
Honest fan

Can't comment on the LD, but the initial DVD of Rhea was released in 2001, and was a subtitled-only release. The 2003 re-release was both subbed and dubbed.

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2020, 00:52 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

In that case I’d say it wasn’t part of the previous package deal.

What are the Japanese publishers for the different series. Are they all the same? You may have Beautiful Dreamer situation.

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2020, 05:14 
Honest fan
Honest fan

Central Park Media had the license to everything Gall Force except for the OVA "Super-Deformed Double Feature: Scramble Wars and 10 Little Gall Force". The aforementioned OVA was under license to AnimEigo, and they only released it on VHS. No other publisher has licensed Gall Force since.

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2020, 00:56 
Third post and above
Third post and above

The Subtitled Laserdisc was cancelled. It only got a VHS release before going straight to DVD.

I think all the other films and ovas made it to Laserdisc in the states sans ten little gal force and gall force rhea, or the remake revolution.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]