It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 10:27

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Pioneer Elite Kuro Pro-141FD Signature Series 60 inch Plasma
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2024, 02:15 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

I am selling my Pioneer Elite Kuro Pro-141FD Signature Series 60 inch Plasma Display. I am the original owner of this display. I bought the very last unit in Best Buy's inventory in late 2008 when Pioneer ceased production of all plasma displays.

This is the very last generation and the flagship model of Pioneer for the US market. It has a killer 3D comb filter for its analog video inputs, comparable to Crystalio II and Lumagen Radiance 2144. It has a true pure mode which it bypasses all processing if an external video processor is used. This is unique to Pioneer plasmas.

It comes with the original packaging and all accessories including the original remote. I will include the signed letter by the Pioneer engineer who hand picked parts and assembled this unit from Pioneer's Japanese factory (hence why they called it the "Signature Edition"). Its panel was factory broken-in and inspected before shipped to the US.

As many of you know me, I took upmost care and attention in maintaining this display in top condition. Upon delivery, I ran a further 200 hours of break in patterns before I played any actual video on this display. I professionally calibrated it several times with highly sophisticated color and light probes over the years. This display never really decayed in quality and always had perfect calibration results with an average delta of 1% and max error of under 2%. It has a very high contrast ratio (Kuro means black in Japanese), comparable to the current OLEDs, due to its plasma topology it has a much faster refresh rate similar to CRT display. It took me a while to get used to the much slower refresh rate on my Sony XBR OLED which ultimately replaced this TV in 2016 because I needed 4K and HDR.

It has always been connected to the very best power conditioners, cables, source device and video processors in its entire life. Pioneer Elite Kuro Pro-141FD was made as a statement piece. Pioneer opted to include no speakers, no pedestal, no tv tuner in this reference design. Instead, they included the very best panel (thinnest panel at the time), the very best electronics for both analog and digital inputs. This display retailed for $7000 in 2008, it is $11,000 adjusted for inflation in today's currency.

I will include BDI Arena 9972 Flat Panel TV Mount/Pedestal which was $789 in 2008 and is the best pedestal for any display. It is made of solid stainless steel.

I will include a very high end 3-meter long (12 feet) AudioQuest power cord ($250 value)

I will include the pro software to enable to ISF calibration settings. ($100 value)

I will include Pioneer's 2007 and 2008 Promo/Demo Blu-ray discs. These were given only to the Pioneer dealers to demonstrate the best abilities of these Pioneer Kuro displays. The discs include special video content that showcases the very fast refresh rates and the extreme black levels of this display. These discs are near impossible to find. I have these copies because I was working for a Pioneer dealer at the time.

I am asking $1000 or best offer. I am located in Laguna Niguel, California 92677. I prefer local pick up or to meet within 90 minutes to my location (Los Angeles to San Diego). I can ship it world wide at the buyer's expense and risk.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Please check out my other listings. I can offer deep bundle discounts.

https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA ... /PRO-141FD

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-y9b2ZlP9N ... Mount.html

Post subject: Re: Pioneer Elite Kuro Pro-141FD Signature Series 60 inch Pl
PostPosted: 27 Mar 2024, 20:16 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

Still available

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2024, 02:10 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

I need the cash for a project this month. I can do $850 until the 2nd week of May. After that I will sit on it at $1000 for however many months/years it takes or keep it.

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2024, 21:13 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

I am starting to post these elsewhere. Let me know if you have any questions or reasonable offers.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]