It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 13:56

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Algolith Mosquito HDMI in OEM Box with 2 Remotes For Sale
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2024, 01:46 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

I am selling my Algolith Mosquito HDMI in OEM box with 2 remotes, 1 old design all metal large remote, 1 new design plastic new remote, rack ears (1RU), original power supply and the very rare serial control adapter (RS-232). I am asking $750 or best offer. I can ship it world wide at the buyer’s expense. I am located in California 92677 USA for local pick up or meet within 90 mins distance.

Algolith Mosquito HDMI is the most advance video noise reduction and sharpness device for Laserdiscs and all other analog video devices. It has the highest level of adjustment and tuning for video noise reduction for any device I have ever seen. You can adjust 2D (temporal) and 3D (spatial) noise reduction levels individually in 15 increments. It can split screen to compare unaltered and processed outputs. It has a very advance sharpness function that doesn’t add any ringing to the video. It also has a dynamic range expansion function to enhance blacks and peak white.

Algolith Mosquito HDMI was $3500 when new ($500 for serial adapter). It can also remove mosquito noise and block noise from digital sources (up to 1080p24). Silicon Optix bought this technology from Algolith and used a scaled down version in their HQV Reon and Vida chipsets. These HQV chips didn’t have enough bandwidth for the entire Algolith algorithms so their functionalities are limited. Algolith company was later sold to a Canadian professional video equipment company which used the Algolith software in their broadcast level equipment.

I liked this device so much that at one point I had 3 of them in my house. They did a tremendous job cleaning/enhancing digital HD cable TV and all my analog video devices. They were pretty difficult to find back in the day. I assume they are even harder to come by now.

Feel free to reach out with your questions and offers.

Post subject: Re: Algolith Mosquito HDMI in OEM Box with 2 Remotes For Sal
PostPosted: 22 Apr 2024, 21:13 
Confirmed Padawan
Confirmed Padawan

I am starting to post these elsewhere. Let me know if you have any questions or reasonable offers.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]