It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:56

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: High Quality Analog/Toslink Interconnects Dirt Cheap On eBay
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2020, 18:33 
Serious fan
Serious fan

My whole recent LD journey had me picking up and installing a Rotel RDA-980 AC3 demodulator/decoder earlier this week and in need of some analog interconnects to do so... I got it hooked up and going with stuff I had laying around in my spare cable bin, but wanted to upgrade to something better (mostly out of vanity)... but I'm still pretty cheap too.

In my search I came across an eBay seller who is liquidating stock on a range of mid-to-high-end analog and toslink interconnects from a brand called Revelation. He has pretty much everything you might need in the LD world including composite video, TOSLINK, s-video, component video, etc in lengths ranging from 0.5m up to 15m and at good/better/best price/quality points. I picked up a 0.5m "Focus" composite video cable (the "better" level) to use for AC3-RF to the demod/decoder and to test the quality. The item shipped quickly via Priority mail and arrived quickly as well.

The quality was extremely high for a $2 cable. The connectors are high-quality soldered with crimp-on strain relief and screw-on barrels. When connecting, they have good-but-not-death-grip hold on your RCA jacks. I haven't cut one open yet, but the coax used looks to be quality double-shielded and solid core.

I went ahead and ordered a bunch of other cables to finish out the demod/decoder install, upgrade the extras-bin composite video cable I was using, connect an Adcom 3ch amplifier I'd added, and replace my long-run subwoofer cable. I went with the "good" level this time. In general, they're nearly as good, but have a molded rubberized plastic barrel and near death-grip tightness on RCA jacks. I wish I'd stuck with the "better" level, but they were missing one of the lengths I needed and I wanted to keep everything the same (again, vanity). I didn't upgrade my optical cable, but those look of high quality too.

The seller was also extremely helpful and quick to respond, even checking off-site storage for some of the lengths I was looking for that he didn't have listed. They also couldn't find one of the cable lengths I had ordered, but (after checking with me) made a substitution at no extra charge. They offered to upgrade to the "best" level cable for free, but it was a Red/White/Yellow I was using for the amp, so I just had them substitute the Component Video cable of the "good" instead. They will also discount for combined shipping, but requires you to pay the listed price first and then refund the shipping discount. Mine was refunded within a couple of hours. After talking with the seller, these are manufactured in Taiwan and the seller is liquidating their remaining US stock.

Just to clarify, I have ZERO affiliation with the seller, this is just an excellent deal I stubled across and thought I'd share.

https://www.ebay.com/str/revelationcable?rt=nc&_oac=1

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]