It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 16:07

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: [LD-707] Broken player
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2022, 16:55 
Third post and above
Third post and above

Had this player for about a year and this is a new problem. I turn it on and only the power lights up (usually most of the front lights up) and it instantly starts spinning. All the controls on the front don't work and the remote won't either. The first time I noticed the issue I left it unplugged for about an hour and that fixed it back to normal. But that night it was broken again. I left it unplugged overnight and now that doesn't fix it. Would really like to fix this player because its the third one I've bought since getting into the hobby 2 years ago, not to mention the first one that worked. Any insight is appretiated.

Post subject: Re: [LD-707] Broken player  Topic is solved
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2022, 20:54 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Are you saying the player spins up the spindle motor without a disc loaded? Also, does the loading mechanism work?

Post subject: Re: [LD-707] Broken player
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2022, 21:32 
Third post and above
Third post and above

ldfan wrote:
Are you saying the player spins up the spindle motor without a disc loaded? Also, does the loading mechanism work?

Yeah the spindle starts spinning up immediately, the loading mechanism is not currently working but it did when I got the rest of the player to work the first time. Like I said none of the controls are working in this state.

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2022, 07:52 
Third post and above
Third post and above

mooshiepieguy wrote:
ldfan wrote:

Yeah the spindle starts spinning up immediately, the loading mechanism is not currently working but it did when I got the rest of the player to work the first time. Like I said none of the controls are working in this state.

Nevermind lmao. I really jumped the gun on this one. I appretiate the help but I couldn't shake this weird feeling and what do you know, the problem was obvious! I found a plate soldered to the bottom of the main board and I don't know if it was the previous owners handywork or from the factory but the solder job was less than ideal no clue what it does but now that its reattached I have 0 issues! I've attached a picture in case you're curious. I'm not great at soldering but I promise it looked worse before I started! Once again thanks!

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2022, 09:37 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Good that you found the issue. I was going to reply to ask if you could locate a short somewhere in the unit but honestly speaking I wouldn’t even know where to even find such a problem.

Most likely the plate (or is it a shield) was touching something it should not have and that does make sense now.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]