It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 09:04

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: LD-X1 composite problem
PostPosted: 19 Dec 2017, 22:45 
Honest fan
Honest fan

So. Bit of an update on this. After happycube’s observation of the Ld-X1 (S2) inaccurately recombining the Y/C signal for composite output I decided to test out another signal chain to try and improve things. Taking the s-video out from the X1 I passed it into a Snell And Wilcox TBS190. This unit accepts S-video (or composite) and converts to SDI using a 5 line adaptive comb filter.

However! It will also output composite video which is why I was interested in the unit. My hope was to use the TBS190 to input the s-video from the X1, have it recombine the separated Y/C into composite again and then feed this into a Crystalio II or other 3D comb filter. Well, this improved the image greatly! It was as if a layer of grime was removed and suddenly it snapped into focus. Much sharper, accurate recombining of the Y/C within the TBS190 which then enabled the 3D comb in the C2 to work properly without those horrible shifted/skewed artifacts I was seeing before. The only weird thing which I cannot figure out is if I rewind the disc (scan backwards) then the skewed image/inaccurate Y/C recombine artifacts come back. I have to hit FF scan forward to “snap” the image back to being sharp and clear again.

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2