It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 08:00

Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: LD-V4400
PostPosted: 18 May 2019, 08:40 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

I had a closer look and it seems there is no signal path coming from te DO pin :shock: . They all look like following a path with the exception of the DO :(
Lexicon LDD-1
SR-7015
RMB-1585
DP-UB820
TX-58DX780E

PostPosted: 18 May 2019, 09:04 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

kris wrote:
I had a closer look and it seems there is no signal path coming from te DO pin :shock: . They all look like following a path with the exception of the DO :(

I just re-checked the schematics and you are right. :roll:

I guess Pioneer never saw this as a player to ever get a digital output option added so they simply never built a trace coming off of the leg. However, one wonders why they would bother powering up the MD2 pin (and clearly show that they are sending 5VDC to it) if they know that it will never have a digital output being used with it.

Very interesting. :think:

PostPosted: 18 May 2019, 11:14 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

It sure is strange. :shock:
Thinking to get rid of the optical output on the board. It makes putting it in much easier I reckon. Might be a board available with only a digital coaxial output. Doing a second player soon. I got 11 of those players anyway :D
Lexicon LDD-1
SR-7015
RMB-1585
DP-UB820
TX-58DX780E

PostPosted: 18 May 2019, 11:35 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

This might be an alternative to make things easy. :think: about getting rid of those bnc loop things. I do not see the need anyway these days :yawn:
Cutting the back panel won't be very challenging this way.

Attachments:
IMG_2262.JPG
IMG_2262.JPG [ 106.86 KiB | Viewed 2050 times ]
Lexicon LDD-1
SR-7015
RMB-1585
DP-UB820
TX-58DX780E

PostPosted: 18 May 2019, 18:45 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

kris wrote:
Thinking to get rid of the optical output on the board. It makes putting it in much easier I reckon. Might be a board available with only a digital coaxial output.

That’s what I was considering early on due to the complexity of making a square hole. I considered just mounting the board anywhere in my player and just extend the RCA jack out to the back panel and just leave the optical unit in place to do nothing (or de-solder it from the board).

In the end, I changed my mind because there are times that I prefer to have an optical output so that is why I am taking my sweet time to consider how I want to go about it. If it goes the way that I want, my M90 will have three new connections after I am done (coax & optical PCM out and AC3-RF out).

PostPosted: 19 May 2019, 13:25 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

No luck in removing the video loop. Unplugged it opens up the video circuit. No more output from the main outputs.
Digging into the SM once again soon :crazy:
Lexicon LDD-1
SR-7015
RMB-1585
DP-UB820
TX-58DX780E

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2019, 09:26 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

I do not want to add to confusion on this page however I need to get some clarification. I can edit this later for clarity.

I have the LD-V4400 and I believe this mod discussed here is an AC3 only mod although DTS is mentioned in the beginning. The DTS mod is not discussed here from what I can tell.

So the mod consists of :

AC3 RF board from
http://www.n6eaj.com/diyaudio/ac3rfmod/ac3rfmod.html

This board connects to 0V and -5V and +5V is taken from Pin 59 (not sure what MD2 refers to here) of digital audio pin

The reference to "digital audio" from Pin 60 refers to the input of the aforementioned fabricated board's "RF In" .

The board on ebay is at https://www.ebay.com/itm/CDROM-car-navi ... 1ec39ea35b

input on ebay board connects to the RF Out on fabricated board

Safe to use switched 5V from digital audio for Optical buffer (ebay) board

But in an early image of the mounted SPDIF connector the optical is labelled DTS , so that leaves me very confused

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2019, 04:39 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

markosjal wrote:
I have the LD-V4400 and I believe this mod discussed here is an AC3 only mod although DTS is mentioned in the beginning. The DTS mod is not discussed here from what I can tell.

We actually discussed both but most of the conversation was about adding an S/PDIF output which is for PCM and DTS audio (in case you were not sure, DTS tracks on LD replace the PCM two channel audio track which is why the S/PDIF output works for both). We did not go into great detail on adding an AC3-RF output but you can read about the job I did with my unit here....

Scratch built AC3-RF board installed in my ProScan, PSLD43

I did not discuss the building of the board but the labeling I put on my board basically tells you what you need from the player. As for the AC3-RF points for the LD-V4400, I mentioned it on the fourth post of this topic.

markosjal wrote:
This board connects to 0V and -5V and +5V is taken from Pin 59 (not sure what MD2 refers to here) of digital audio pin

Once again, everything discussed here pertains to the S/PDIF digital output for PCM and DTS. None of it is for AC3-RF. The points discussed are Pin 60 for the digital out, any pin labeled +5 for power, and any point that is labeled ground (GND). There is no such thing as a 0V point but if it did exist it might just be GND.

The MD2 point (pin 59) is an on/off switch (not digital output) that was only discussed to verify if the digital output was active on the DSP chip and it was determined that it is so there is no need to worry about it (don’t try to use MD2 for your +5 volt pin as it could interfere with the operation of the digital output; use a pin that is simply labeled “+5”).

markosjal wrote:
The reference to "digital audio" from Pin 60 refers to the input of the aforementioned fabricated board's "RF In".

input on ebay board connects to the RF Out on fabricated board

Not sure exactly what you are asking here but if I’m decoding this correctly I am assuming you are thinking of connecting AC3-RF to the S/PDIF board. If so, you can’t do that .

These are two very separate mods that don’t interlink to each other. In other words, when you perform this mod, the back of your player will have “two” (or “three”) additional connections. One will be an RCA jack for “AC3-RF Out” that can only be connected to a processor or converter that has an “AC3-RF In” and the S/PDIF out (better known as "Digital Out") can be both an RCA jack and/or Optical output that will be for PCM and DTS that can then be connected to any processor w/ a “Digital In”.

markosjal wrote:
Safe to use switched 5V from digital audio for Optical buffer (ebay) board

Most of the power points in a any device is essentially switched when you turn the power off and on. So it makes no real difference. Better to be switched anyway so you are not running the S/PDIF board 24/7 and possibly burning out the LED for the optical out.

markosjal wrote:
But in an early image of the mounted SPDIF connector the optical is labelled DTS , so that leaves me very confused

Kris, who modded the player, chose to label it the way he wanted to. If it was up to me, my personal preference would be to label it “PCM/DTS Out”.

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2020, 03:22 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

I would love to see any pics of the Modded LD-V4400 if anyone can please post. I am particularly interested in the connections made on the circuit board. Looks like at Pin 60 digital out I must solder to the tiny pin.

Thanks,

Mark

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2020, 19:57 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

markosjal wrote:
I would love to see any pics of the Modded LD-V4400 if anyone can please post. I am particularly interested in the connections made on the circuit board. Looks like at Pin 60 digital out I must solder to the tiny pin.

Thanks,

Mark

you need the tap the signal on the actual leg of the pin! It isn't easy . I practiced on an old ic chip before attempting it on the actual player.
after that it's just a question of tapping 5 volts and GND (when using a board like the one I used)
There are pics of the actual mod on fb groups.
Lexicon LDD-1
SR-7015
RMB-1585
DP-UB820
TX-58DX780E

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2020, 06:16 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Hey Mark,

Can you possibly clarify what your goal is in regards to doing this mod?

Just asking because you did not seem to have a clear idea of what you wanted to accomplish with it from your 9/21 post and none of us would want for you to make a mistake that could damage your player.

Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2