It is currently 22 May 2024, 05:31




 Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: [CLD-959] DNR Button?
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2021, 09:54 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity
User avatar

Joined: 05 Jan 2020, 11:28
Posts: 30
Location: United States
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 6 times
Hi. I own a CLD-959, the Japanese equivalent of the CLD-97. There is no scan of the 959 manual (probably because it is in Japanese) but I see in the manual for the 97 that it has a DNR button to turn the filter on and off as well as a mod to turn it off by default.

My CLD-959 has a button labeled PSC where DNR should be. Pressing it turns Picture Stop on and off. How do I access DNR on my player? I want to see if there is a noticeable difference.

Thanks!
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CLD-959 DNR Button?
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2021, 11:54 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jun 2019, 18:26
Posts: 571
Location: UK
Has thanked: 258 times
Been thanked: 238 times
rhoran wrote:
Hi. I own a CLD-959, the Japanese equivalent of the CLD-97. There is no scan of the 959 manual (probably because it is in Japanese) but I see in the manual for the 97 that it has a DNR button to turn the filter on and off as well as a mod to turn it off by default.

My CLD-959 has a button labeled PSC where DNR should be. Pressing it turns Picture Stop on and off. How do I access DNR on my player? I want to see if there is a noticeable difference.

Thanks!


Hopefully someone more knowledgeable on this player will see this eventually and confirm, but from what I understand the Japanese domestic market CLD-939/959 models differed to the CLD-97 Elite in not having a front panel or alternative remote DNR on/off switch. I believe there could be a mod possible to enable it for these machines?
_________________
Pioneer HLD-X9/CLD-925/CLD-2950
OPPO BDP-105D EU
ARCAM AVR-600
JVC DLA-X7000BE
Lumagen Radiance 2144
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CLD-959 DNR Button?
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2021, 00:34 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan
User avatar

Joined: 10 May 2007, 03:12
Posts: 1524
Location: United States
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 342 times
The DNR is always ON with your player. You would need to mod the player to have it default to OFF or mod with a switch to make it selectable. The schematic for the CLD-97 will work for this effort as the only difference is the power supplies.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CLD-959 DNR Button?
PostPosted: 04 Nov 2021, 20:33 
Honest fan
Honest fan
User avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2013, 15:56
Posts: 123
Location: United Kingdom
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 5 times
You need to short a trace to ground. Flip down the face panel and find the Mode Assy. Solder a wire across the points shown in the 97 service manual Page 67 (PDF Page 44) The dotted box shows "CLD-97 Only"

Then the PSC button behaves as a DNR on/off


Attachments:
97 Mode Assy.jpg
97 Mode Assy.jpg [ 181.86 KiB | Viewed 2839 times ]
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CLD-959 DNR Button?
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2021, 06:10 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity
User avatar

Joined: 05 Jan 2020, 11:28
Posts: 30
Location: United States
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 6 times
It's just a simple short? That's easy!
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CLD-959 DNR Button?
PostPosted: 29 Nov 2021, 17:29 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity
User avatar

Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 21:13
Posts: 28
Location: Netherlands
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 6 times
I just tried this on my cld 959 and it works like a charm.
_________________
Pioneer CLD 959, Pioneer cld 3380 AC3 modded, pioneer cld D925, , dvdo vp50 pro
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CLD-959 DNR Button?
PostPosted: 15 Apr 2023, 20:18 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity
User avatar

Joined: 01 Jun 2017, 02:07
Posts: 29
Location: United States
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 3 times
kencol wrote:
You need to short a trace to ground. Flip down the face panel and find the Mode Assy. Solder a wire across the points shown in the 97 service manual Page 67 (PDF Page 44) The dotted box shows "CLD-97 Only"

Then the PSC button behaves as a DNR on/off


I’ve opened my machine up to do this mod, and I’m not sure if I’m supposed to flip the board over or remove this giant chip that’s blocking the path to that point that I need to alter. I’m concerned of forcing it since the chip is in there really solid. The board is also pegged on with these plastic deals that expand after installation; not sure how to get that off safely.

Suggestions?
Attachment:
3875A492-E8EE-4B12-924A-CD8B4D5FFC6A.jpeg
3875A492-E8EE-4B12-924A-CD8B4D5FFC6A.jpeg [ 269.53 KiB | Viewed 2112 times ]
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [CLD-959] DNR Button?
PostPosted: 16 May 2023, 10:04 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity
User avatar

Joined: 05 Jan 2020, 11:28
Posts: 30
Location: United States
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 6 times
I would also like to know, as I opened my player and found the same thing.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CLD-959 DNR Button?
PostPosted: 16 May 2023, 20:20 
Honest fan
Honest fan
User avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2013, 15:56
Posts: 123
Location: United Kingdom
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 5 times
rojan wrote:
kencol wrote:
You need to short a trace to ground. Flip down the face panel and find the Mode Assy. Solder a wire across the points shown in the 97 service manual Page 67 (PDF Page 44) The dotted box shows "CLD-97 Only"

Then the PSC button behaves as a DNR on/off


I’ve opened my machine up to do this mod, and I’m not sure if I’m supposed to flip the board over or remove this giant chip that’s blocking the path to that point that I need to alter. I’m concerned of forcing it since the chip is in there really solid. The board is also pegged on with these plastic deals that expand after installation; not sure how to get that off safely.

Suggestions?
Attachment:
3875A492-E8EE-4B12-924A-CD8B4D5FFC6A.jpeg


You need to flip the board over to access the points to bridge. No need to remove the chip
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CLD-959 DNR Button?
PostPosted: 26 Dec 2023, 01:25 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity
User avatar

Joined: 01 Jun 2017, 02:07
Posts: 29
Location: United States
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 3 times
kencol wrote:

You need to flip the board over to access the points to bridge. No need to remove the chip


Thank you, somehow didn't see that I got a reply. :roll:

Are the plastic pegs holding it on something that I need a special tool to get the board free of them?

Also, to the OP: I noticed in another thread that you were planning on an RF tap for the DdD. Did you? I find that CN218 is occupied by CN217, which holds the COMP ASSEMBLY daughtercard in place. Not really an issue for touching the leads with an oscilloscope, but prevents a permanent installation as with the LD-V4300 without removing the COMP ASSEMBLY. How did you resolve this?

TIA
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CLD-959 DNR Button?
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2024, 23:28 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity
User avatar

Joined: 05 Jan 2020, 11:28
Posts: 30
Location: United States
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 6 times
rojan wrote:
kencol wrote:

Also, to the OP: I noticed in another thread that you were planning on an RF tap for the DdD. Did you? I find that CN218 is occupied by CN217, which holds the COMP ASSEMBLY daughtercard in place. Not really an issue for touching the leads with an oscilloscope, but prevents a permanent installation as with the LD-V4300 without removing the COMP ASSEMBLY. How did you resolve this?

TIA

I got the tap installed, but my player's motor died. I took it to a shop but they could not fix it. :(

I logged my process and am looking through the pics and video, but I don't see anything originally connected to the tap leads. Maybe I don't understand your question. Can you provide a picture of where CN218 is?
Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: