It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 19:42

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: LaserParts VNL-1779 "M-holder" equivalent release!
PostPosted: 01 Nov 2021, 04:09 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

I’m pleased to announce at long last the release of the LaserParts VNL-1779 M-Holder replacement!

I’ve completely CAD-modeled the part myself as opposed to using laser scanning and worked with a talented team of beta testers across the globe to perfect the part over the course of several revisions. I've doubled down on manufacturing best practices and quality control to ensure that the part is as close to a professionally manufactured replacement as possible.

I’m doing a soft launch to gather feedback from the wider laserdisc world. The first 20 units are available for $20 a piece plus shipping. After the first 20 units, they will be available for the full price of $40 plus shipping.

Replacing the this part is not strictly what I’d call an easy repair. If you’re handy with electronics, it’s doable, but I’d caution folks to find someone who’s well versed in electronics repair if you’ve got any doubts. I’ve taken the time to make a comprehensive replacement video to help minimize the odds of breaking the player while attempting the repair:

Special shout outs to James Russell, Mike Porcelli, Tyler Campbell, Kurtis Bahr, Kris Sondervorst, and Christian Forstreuter for beta testing for me. I couldn’t have gotten to this point without you.

Thanks to Andrew Joyce for doing the camerawork on the how-to video.

Here’s the link to Sam Hatch's Laserdisc Wolfpack vlog episode where I talk about the release:
https://youtu.be/sJuTaZiy-Gk

Post subject: Re: LaserParts VNL-1779 "M-holder" equivalent release!
PostPosted: 01 Nov 2021, 10:45 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Epic effort to make several players go for years to come :clap:

I have one player running troublefree with donor parts just for the sake of science. 8-)

Myself I was able to grab the final OEM M holders from the factory many years ago along with belts and some other vital spare parts that are known to fail due becoming brittle at one point.

every now and then I scrap players that haven't been cared for by previous owner(s)
The amount of parts such donor machines are able to give is worth it IMHO

on an extra note...

The grip rings you also provide are another miracle product. It takes patience installing them but I got the hang of it after 10 or so :lol:

Anyway,
Good to know someone is back into production :clap:
Lexicon LDD-1
SR-7015
RMB-1585
DP-UB820
TX-58DX780E

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]