It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 15:32

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 
 Post subject: [CLD-M90] Tray problem
PostPosted: 29 Jan 2022, 20:47 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

Hello from the UK I have a pioneer CLD M90 that I recently bought working but in post got damaged I took the lid off removed retaining screws for drawer assy and took it out there was a long shaft with a cog on either end floating loose in the unit I don't know where this goes although the cogs line up with teeth on bottom of tray I have attached a picture I bought a service manual but it does not show or mention this part even the replacing the tray section is not easy to understand wondered if anyone can suggest or help me
Also if it is not worth repair what is the best budget pioneer laser disc player for Pal discs please
Appreciate any help
Thank you from the UK

Post subject: Re: Pioneer CLD M90 Tray problem
PostPosted: 30 Jan 2022, 05:16 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Here is exploded drawing of what I assume is the part in question.

Page 10 of the SM we have on file here.... https://manuals.lddb.com/LD_Players/Pioneer/CLD/CLD-M90/ .... has a further exploded drawing of how it fits together.

Hope this is the only issue w/ the player. Keep us updated.

Post subject: Re: Pioneer CLD M90 Tray problem
PostPosted: 30 Jan 2022, 05:47 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

Many Thanks indeed I will post back in due course

Post subject: Re: [CLD-M90] Tray problem
PostPosted: 30 Jan 2022, 14:23 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

Well really helped Thank you refitted the shaft cog assy and tray but found that the clamp cams on top cd laser mech item 7 PT number VNL1393 were broken at present can not locate replacements so am gluing them to see if that will hold
Can anyone tell me if I can remove this assy altogether as I only use it for laser discs but when I try disconnecting it the whole unit will not work , is there a work around other wise was thinking of holding assy up out of the way of the tray with elastic bands, what do you think
Thanking you all again a very polite and helpful group

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2022, 16:21 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Use epoxy, longer the time the stronger the glue.
Good luck.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2022, 16:24 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

Yes of course I'll try that
Thank you

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2022, 21:06 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

trevorq77 wrote:
Well really helped Thank you refitted the shaft cog assy and tray but found that the clamp cams on top cd laser mech item 7 PT number VNL1393 were broken at present can not locate replacements so am gluing them to see if that will hold

Can you point out what page of the SM that you found this part number. I see just about all the other VNL numbers except this one

trevorq77 wrote:
Can anyone tell me if I can remove this assy altogether as I only use it for laser discs but when I try disconnecting it the whole unit will not work , is there a work around other wise was thinking of holding assy up out of the way of the tray with elastic bands, what do you think

If you remove it, what would you replace it with? This clamper/changer mech is taller than a standard CD/LD player clamper so you would need something to match the height. Also, disconnecting the cables going to the changer mechanism would create a logic fault as the system control is looking for it to confirm its position. Best you can do is reassemble the changer/clamper mechanism and leave it in its default position for LD playback (the CD pick-up arm stays above the Disc 3 cutout).

Last edited by ldfan on 02 Feb 2022, 18:59, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2022, 17:09 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

Well the glue worked and will let you know at later date if that has sorted the problems out if so will have saved £sss on buying a replacement player
Can't find the page I got the part number from but I've looked at so many diagrams on line no where to get parts unless a 3d printer can print one out from the pattern from old one

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2022, 23:08 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Hope it works out for you. Always nice to be able to save a player from being recycled. I still like my M90 (especially after the AC3 mod I did on it ;)) even though I don’t view it as a premium player (but the changer is what prevents me from getting rid of it since it’s so unique).

Another option if this does not work out (but a long shot) is to keep an eye on eBay for people parting out players. An eBay seller in the US was recently doing just that on an M90.

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2022, 13:41 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

Thank you, the postage from the USA to the UK is too expensive but I have the player working except that the cd mech laser does not lift high enough so have to do this by hand to get the drawer to close new belts have been fitted I will work on it again in time and post results not giving up just takes time for belts etc to arrive in the post Regards to All

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2022, 14:36 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

At last I have stripped down the unit found cog on drawer movement assy broken apart from that I have managed to fix the other problems just have to find a new cog / cam and realign
Are other models using the same cam / cog please
This is one of 2 I bought to salvage to watch my films on and am thinking I should have bought a working recon unit but I like to recycle and repair easy if you can get the parts pictures to follow Thank you All

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2022, 23:24 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

I'm assuming you are speaking of these gears?.....

If so, the good news is that this was a fairly common gear set-up on all the "M" players and most auto reverse models released between 1991 - 1993 (give or take).

The mostly US models I recall that should have these gears are.....

Pioneer
CLD-2090, CLD-3090, CLD-D501, CLD-D701, CLD-D502, CLD-D702, CLD-M90, CLD-M301, CLD-M401, CLD-M403, CLD-M405, CLD-M460, CLD-M5

Denon
LA-2100, LA-3100

Marantz
LV-500

Mitsubishi
M-V6022, M-V7025

ProScan / RCA
PSLD41, PSLD43, LDR-400, LDR-500, LDR-600

There are probably more models that are unknowns as Pioneer made a lot clones for other companies.

Last edited by ldfan on 06 Feb 2022, 03:12, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2022, 00:22 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

That is really helpful much appreciated I have just bought CLD D925 cost £330 with postage here in the UK but it is fully working so I shall be able to watch my disc's soon.
The repairs will carry on as I find the parts I found a new M holder for the 515 the gear is going to take time
Thanking my laserdisc family for All your help
The picture you attached is correct I don't know why my pictures did not get onto the forum I must have done something wrong
Cheers

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2022, 01:52 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

trevorq77 wrote:
The picture you attached is correct I don't know why my pictures did not get onto the forum I must have done something wrong

I know there is some procedure on this site but I can't remember how it works. In general, I use an image hosting site like vgy.me to upload my photos and then provide an image link to embed on my postings.

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2022, 18:09 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

Well I finally gave up on the m90 player and let it go cheap to someone else who wishes to try and repair it
I do have a 515 and a cld 160 to try and fix but decided to buy a working 925 as I would like to be able to watch the laserdiscs that I have.
It has not been scrapped the guy seems to think he can fix it so that's good
Thank you all again

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ]