It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 21:54

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Using an Oscilloscope to make proper adjustments
PostPosted: 20 Jun 2022, 10:51 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

I just received a CLD-R7G in beautiful condition from Japan with the original remote. Only took 2 month by surface mail this time around.

However, my other CLD-R7G still gets stuck when playing Side B. And my CLD-HF9G has some crosstalk on both Side A and Side B.

So, what kind of oscilloscope should I get, where do I connect it to and how do I use it to make proper alignments? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Post subject: Re: Using an Oscilloscope to make proper adjustments  Topic is solved
PostPosted: 20 Jun 2022, 16:35 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

For scopes you can take a look at Oscilloscope question

For CLD-R7G Side B centering, attach probe to tracking error and play Side B of a LD in test mode with tilt on, but tracking servo off. Adjust until waveform is maximized and even. Turn off test mode and play the disc to make sure it is no longer skipping and apply locking compound. CLD-D406 service manual will have the necessary additional details.

For crosstalk adjustments, you'll need a test disc. Before going down that rabbit hole though, look at step one in CLD-99 service manual. If you adjust tilt offset, mark the original position first.

It is more important to understand how these players work and what the purpose of each servo is and how they all relate rather than blindly following adjustment steps.

happycube archived what I believe to be the most important resource available:

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]