It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 13:43

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: [CLD-3080] Good remote control that will work perfectly?
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2023, 00:12 
True fan
True fan

I want a wheely remote control but don't know which model remote will work perfectly for it. I know that the model that originally came with the remote control isn't available online but don't most Pioneer remote controls work with CLD players? I believe the CLD-3080 supports stop frame clv trick. So I'd need a remote control that works with it.

Post subject: Re: good remote control that will work perfectly CLD-3080?
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2023, 00:24 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

The original remote is a CU-CLD024. There doesn't appear to be any on eBay at the moment but keep a search open as they do come up from time to time.

You can substitute it w/ really any other Pioneer remote with a jog/shuttle dial control (that's their official name instead of "wheely remote" ;)) but make sure you get one that does have side change buttons as some jog/shuttle capable players were not always dual side play (like the CLD-3030). Also, you can avoid the expensive jog/shuttle remotes that have VDNR buttons since the 3080 did not have that feature.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2023, 01:12 
True fan
True fan

ldfan wrote:
The original remote is a CU-CLD024. There doesn't appear to be any on eBay at the moment but keep a search open as they do come up from time to time.

You can substitute it w/ really any other Pioneer remote with a jog/shuttle dial control (that's their official name instead of "wheely remote" ;)) but make sure you get one that does have side change buttons as some jog/shuttle capable players were not always dual side play (like the CLD-3030). Also, you can avoid the expensive jog/shuttle remotes that have VDNR buttons since the 3080 did not have that feature.

Thanks, I ended up going with this remote. https://www.ebay.com/itm/275649546378 It cost me more than I'd like since I've bought similar remote in the past for around 30 bucks but this model remote looks exactly like the CU-CLD024 so I'd imagine it will work. It has all the functions the CU-CLD024 model has.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2023, 01:21 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Yes.... that one will work fine. It's essentially the same remote but for the Elite CLD-95. The differences in the remotes is just the glossy finish on the one you're getting.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2023, 01:26 
True fan
True fan

So I hope this player doesn't have issues at all. I have a hard time trusting ebay sellers. I've had a defective vhs sent to me recently but seller did refund me instantly but at same time I asked him after I bought the vhs if it had any issues and he or she said no. So that was a pain and now I'll have to wait for the $$$ to be refunded but at least I don't have to deal with sending a defective vhs back. And before that I bought a modded Saturn that had issues and wouldn't read burned cd-rs as advertised and that seller didn't send the controllers or hdmi cable with it until later as if he was buying the parts online from the money I gave him. Ebay instantly sided with me on that case and refunded me a ton of money which was nice of them. However I rather not run into issues with sellers. I wish people just sold what they advertised. Don't send me broken crap I spend hundreds of dollars for. Know what I mean? Also how does the CLD-3080 compare to my CLD-53. Will there even be a difference in video quality? Does the 53 beat it does the CLD-3080 beat it? I paid more for the CLD-3080 and after getting remote it came to around 300 bucks in total. The player itself was 251 after taxes but the remote I bought pushed it up to $300. Now I only paid about $240 total for my Elite CLD-53 that came with a Remote I bought separately. So that player was overall cheaper. From what I read online the CLD-3080 does benefit from CLV trick but is the video quality better, same, or worse than the CLD-53? Will I have to judge it in person or do you have an idea? This player is from 1990 while my CLD-53 is from 94.

edit: Forgot to mention the person that sold me the busted Sega Saturn sent it with two defective controllers. The controllers came later as if he bought it off an auction and sent it to me.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]