It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 02:31

Page 1 of 1 [ 18 posts ] 
 Post subject: [CLD-D704] Disc stuck in player
PostPosted: 08 Mar 2017, 05:39 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

I was watching a film on my CLD-D704 earlier. Got to the end of the first disc, went to eject it... and nothing happened. I pressed the eject button multiple times, and still nothing happened. Tried power cycling it, and still nothing when I try to eject it. It makes no noise at all when I do anything. I popped the cover, and the disc looks like it's intact and I can spin it. It appears to still be attached to the mechanism. What should I do?

Post subject: Re: CLD-D704 - Disc stuck in player
PostPosted: 08 Mar 2017, 07:08 
Honest fan
Honest fan

What is on the front display any error code? Can you press play and it will play the disc again?

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2017, 02:15 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

There is a switch at the back of in the turn mechanism, is the blue arm from the switch on top or below the metal tab.

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2017, 11:29 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

Here's a picture. I had more or less the same problem. Fliping the switch down solved it.

What is the purpose of this switch?

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2017, 00:22 
Honest fan
Honest fan

Thanks for posting that picture as I would also be interested to know the purpose of that switch.

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2017, 03:59 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

That is the correct position. It is the side A/B switch to signal the processor.

Try pushing the laser pickup to move it a little, some motors develop bad spots and won't move until the motor is turned a little. Just use a finger and push the pickup to move it a little.

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2017, 04:53 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

primetarget wrote:
What is on the front display any error code? Can you press play and it will play the disc again?

I am unable to get it to play anything again. In fact, nothing in the machine seems to be moving no matter what I press. The display looks like this: http://i.imgur.com/sMxkGQL.jpg

krbahr wrote:
There is a switch at the back of in the turn mechanism, is the blue arm from the switch on top or below the metal tab.

Thanks, spyral, for the picture showing where to find this. The blue arm appears to be below the metal tab: http://i.imgur.com/962MvSq.jpg

krbahr wrote:
Try pushing the laser pickup to move it a little, some motors develop bad spots and won't move until the motor is turned a little. Just use a finger and push the pickup to move it a little.

I'm not sure where the laser pickup is or how I should move it. Could you please explain?

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2017, 06:05 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

If the disc is still in the player you'll have to look in from the side to look for the mechanism that reads the data off the disc, then with the power unplugged stick a finger in and pushed the assembly. If you cannot do this you need to send the player to someone like me for repair or sell it as broke.

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2017, 08:26 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

krbahr wrote:
If the disc is still in the player you'll have to look in from the side to look for the mechanism that reads the data off the disc, then with the power unplugged stick a finger in and pushed the assembly. If you cannot do this you need to send the player to someone like me for repair or sell it as broke.

I haven't even had this player very long, less than a year in fact. Would be a huge shame to have to write it off and lose the disc in it, which is from a 3-disc set. :(

What exactly am I looking for to push? I don't want to do the wrong thing and ruin the player.

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2017, 18:01 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

You won't lose the disc as you've already had the top off you can just remove that cross bar with the top clamp.

I would try removing the disc and then see if your player is still SOL.

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2017, 02:31 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

You need to remove the top bar with the upper spindle clamp and the top part of the mechanical assembly.

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2017, 01:50 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

Okay, I managed to remove the disc. Unfortunately, when I plug it in, there is still nothing moving and the tray won't open. I took a few pictures, although I don't know how helpful they are: http://imgur.com/a/9U3I8

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2017, 04:40 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Hopefully you have the top audio board connected when testing. You need to turn the gear on the manually on the side of the laser pickup assembly and move it toward the spindle motor and see what happens.

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2017, 04:17 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

krbahr wrote:
Hopefully you have the top audio board connected when testing. You need to turn the gear on the manually on the side of the laser pickup assembly and move it toward the spindle motor and see what happens.

Thank you! I'm really sorry for taking so long to respond, but I did this, and sure enough that got it working, at least for a while. Unfortunately, I've been able to reproduce this problem a few times.

It tends to get into a bad state when I hit the Stop button while on Side B, although not every time. After doing this, hitting the Eject button results in the mechanism doing this: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AlgWZf6mlC62kG3lqoKhSsP6lQ2J

That happens every time I hit the button. If I unplug the unit and plug it back in, it gets into the state I was in during my original post, where nothing moves at all.

Does anyone have any idea what I should do?

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2017, 04:35 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

someperson wrote:

Does anyone have any idea what I should do?

Send it off for repair ?

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2017, 06:20 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Sounds like it could just be an mechanical alignment of the pin on the turn mechanism with the side A rail or it could just need lubrication.

Just put your finger in there with it power off and you should be able to push it forward and watch how the alignment going to the side A rail looks.

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2020, 03:13 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

I am also having the problem where the display looks frozen with everything lit and the player has become unresponsive. The power button just blinks. I was attempting to do an alignment and tried jumpering the test mode point to ground, but I wasn't sure what it meant and may have touched the wrong ground.

I tried removing the tray because I thought I was having the sync issue. I have moved the pickup to both the CD and LD switches on the track hoping it would finish its cycle. But now it just sits there. Have I bricked my player?

Post subject: Re: [CLD-D704] Disc stuck in player
PostPosted: 10 Dec 2023, 06:11 
First post
First post

Old thread, but some good suggestions here I wanted to add to so everything is in one place.

I just had the same issue, completely unresponsive and no noises made at all. I tried moving the laser pickup towards the spindle by hand, as Kurt recommended, but on power-up the laser went back to home with no change in playability or eject.

I rotated the laser by hand to the B-side and moved it toward the spindle on the top side, then powered back up and let it go home again, and it seems THAT B- to A- flip fixed whatever was locked up.

Now I'm not letting the deck flip to the B-side. It's just not worth the risk.

Page 1 of 1 [ 18 posts ]