It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 19:45

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: [CLD-3070] Disc stuck inside
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2023, 00:27 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

I got a Pioneer CLD-3070 (bought on eBay) yesterday. The first disc load went pretty well, however the door didn’t close all the way. After that, ejecting was inconsistent, sometimes ejecting and sometimes taking a couple of presses of the eject button. Now a disc is in it and it won’t eject at all. The eject button isn’t responding. There’s no sound like it’s trying to eject. It’s just silence.

The seller replaced the eject button and said it worked before shipping.

Now, be gentle with me here because I'm very new to the LD world. But I opened the player up (not knowing what I'm doing at all). The disc is firmly seated in the tray and I can't figure out how to take out the piece that's holding the disc. Maybe the eject mechanism won't while the spindle has the disc seated in place?

Any suggestions would be appreciated before I rip this thing apart to get the disc!

Attachment:
IMG_3535.jpg
IMG_3535.jpg [ 270.42 KiB | Viewed 2511 times ]

Attachment:
IMG_3536.jpg
IMG_3536.jpg [ 275.67 KiB | Viewed 2511 times ]

Attachment:
IMG_3537.jpg
IMG_3537.jpg [ 461.43 KiB | Viewed 2511 times ]

Post subject: Re: Disc stuck in a Pioneer CLD-3070
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2023, 05:19 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

The main issue w/ the CLD-3070 and her cheaper sister the CLD-2070 is that Pioneer used a grease on the mechanism that has the propensity to dry up and literally harden like clay. This is the reason anyone who has owned these players have issues w/ the mechanism seizing up and operating erratically.

I will tell you right now that trying to do a proper re-greasing on these players are a pain in the a** because taking them apart is not easy and even I will admit I needed a lot of help to piece it back together during the last time I worked on this model.

And in respect to ejecting the disc, there is no easy trick that I could find to easily move the gears by hand to get the clamper up and the tray retracted. Nothing appears accessible except one gear @ the front once you remove the front facade.

Regardless.... here are some thoughts.

Based on the way describe your player, it appears your dried grease issue may not be as bad as some of us have experienced since you get some movement (most of us experience a total seizure of the mechanism). With this in mind, you may be able to free the disc if you open up the player, power it up, and use your hands to give the mechanism a gentle push/pull @ certain points of the eject process. Here is a video I made of the last player I fixed showing how the mechanism moves....

In this case, you just need to gently grab the clamper, hit the open/close button, and when you see it start to move a little you should start pulling in the same direction to nudge it further. If I assume what happens next, you only need to help the mechanism raise and then the machine should be able to do the rest on its own to retract the tray.

If this works, don't use the player anymore until you can get around and do some re-greasing. You can follow up with me more on this after you get your disc out.

Best wishes. :thumbup:

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2023, 13:37 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

I wonder if there’s a way to get eBay to ban the sales of LD players…maybe we can just show them how much hentai is on the thing and they’ll pull it for that.

https://youtu.be/b3O-vHpHRpM

Post subject: Re: [CLD-3070] Disc stuck inside
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2023, 17:08 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

As LDfan says, grease is a major problem on these.
But be careful taking apart as you have to line up stuff when putting it back together.

Also take your time on this player, its a good player and once working a great overall player.

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2023, 21:15 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

signofzeta wrote:
I wonder if there’s a way to get eBay to ban the sales of LD players…maybe we can just show them how much hentai is on the thing and they’ll pull it for that.

OH, JEEZ Do You Have to be -SO- damned Toxic All of the Time?!?

a great number of those out there interested in LD these days might not actually be living in or anywhere near the sort of large cities
in which the Format had ever enjoyed anything resembling an actual Market Presence, You Know...

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2023, 21:35 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

Thank you for the responses. The suggestion for lifting the clamp didn't work. Here is a video. There's no sound or any movement in the player when I press the eject button. The clamp is not moveable. :|

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2023, 23:33 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

There are two white plastic plates on the sides of the disc loader, you have to remove the top boards for better access. You have to press one side forward and the other backward at the same time to rise up the clamping mechanism and press them the other way to lower it. Since the grease is stiff this can be very hard to move. Once the mechanism is up you can push out the tray. Once the unit is cleaned removing the original grease and white silicon grease is applied the unit will work fine but as others have said this is one of the hardest players to clean and re-grease.

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2023, 18:15 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

That worked! I was able to get the disc out.

However, now it drawer is jammed. It goes halfway in, there are some white gears underneath it that are trying to spin but won't. I don't see if something is jammed.

Not sure if it matters, but the white pieces you mentioned are pretty well-greased.

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2023, 19:48 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

agentnervous wrote:
That worked! I was able to get the disc out.

However, now it drawer is jammed. It goes halfway in, there are some white gears underneath it that are trying to spin but won't. I don't see if something is jammed.

Not sure if it matters, but the white pieces you mentioned are pretty well-greased.

They all are well greased, I think that may be the original issue, maybe if they didn't use so much inferior grease
it wouldn't have become harder for the tray to work????

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2023, 20:47 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

Yeah. I think I gotta figure out how to re-grease it.

Any ideas about getting the drawer to close again? There are some white gears that I can see through the hole in the drawer. And they try to move something is jammed and now the drawer won't go back in.

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]