It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 13:51

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: [CLD-2080] Is my player missing a piece? It keeps jamming.
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2022, 03:58 
First post
First post

Long story short, I received my first player from my dad for Christmas, which he bought in "working condition" on Ebay but we're out of the return window... He even admitted he should have tested it before wrapping it but I think he was too excited!

When I tried running it for the first time, it had some issues with the disk tray. It needed some "help". After some trouble shooting, I found that a piece on the front left (looking at the front) was getting stuck behind the pcb for the controls on the front and preventing the white plastic piece from catching the back side of the black piece and turning it counter clockwise, pushing the tray door open. In other words, using the picture, the bottom black plastic piece keeps getting stuck behind the board shown witht he arrow in blue, and when the tray ejects, it's supposed to push against the pin pointed in red, rotating the black piece counter clockwise. But since it's stuck behind the board, it jams up.

If I help that piece by keeping it lifted "up" (more counter clockwise than in the picture), the whole machine works flawlessly!! I think I'm missing a spring or something that keeps that piece pulled up a bit, and perhaps helps keep the door closed. Because right now the door stays open by a half a cm. Does anyone have any pictures here?? I've tried looking at service manuals but they only show circuitry.. Googling images comes up with nothing! Help!!

Side question, what's the recommended grease to use on this? It does seem a bit "dry" on the rails.

Attachments:
322949274_689417895961016_4574055287219494102_n.jpg
322949274_689417895961016_4574055287219494102_n.jpg [ 85.14 KiB | Viewed 387 times ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]