It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 13:22

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: [CLD-D604] Tray timing problems
PostPosted: 27 Jan 2023, 04:04 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

Heya, Hopefully someone can help out here. I bought a Pioneer CLD-D604 for a second player, where the seller claimed all it needed was a belt. (happens to use the same belt as my DVL-700 thats been on the non-belt related fritz)

Turned it on, and it didn't seem like a belt problem, (though the belt does not look new, at all) but more tray stuck problem. or in hindsight, a problem where the belt doesn't have enough friction to over come the 'motor base' moving up in the 'clamp cam' under the disk tray. if I hit the open button on both the CD tray or LD tray, it gave me a E3 or U1 error. and then hitting either button for open, the display would say 'close'.

FOr the life of me, I couldn't get the tray to come out. It wouldn't on its own, thats for sure. the pickup tray seemed all the way down, but spinning the belt wheel just made the CD tray come out. I pushed on the big tray, and it popped free. (i did break something on the bottom side of the tray, I'll have to look for, or take out and have a friend try to 3-d print. (a little plastic slider, with 2 small plastic pins. (part number: VNL1635, from the service manual). using terms from the service manual

it looks like the clamp cam will need some lubrication, once I'fe broke i free,and moved it a few times. But the reral problem is how to get the big tray back in, all lined up and timed correctly.

The 2 large teeth gears on the left side don't seem timed right, like one has skipped a tooth on the small tooth gear(s) that connects the the two. The tray always skipped or jumps a tooth on the back of these two. Also, the clamp cam appears to come up way too fast, compared to the position of the tray, and they hit each other.

So assuming I can get another VNL1635, what is the right way to 'time' all these gear, like lining up the pulleys on the front of the car engine, and then get the tray inserted again.

If this isn't enough information to comment let mew know what you need. I'd also consider sending this to a helpful person, as long as I have the shipping box, and materials, for a reasonable and or inexpensive price.

thanks!

Post subject: Re: [CLD-D604] Tray timing problems
PostPosted: 27 May 2023, 15:15 
Honest fan
Honest fan

I had a similar problem..sounds like the unit was slammed around….mine was a EAD/Cld99 ,after much frustration and rebuilding ,I realized it was timing issue..I cracked open my 99 and compared the positions of the gears ,they were way off..a few tries and it was good to go….I would also suggest replacing the belt , its surprising how many issues that can fix…
Good Luck
R

Post subject: Re: [CLD-D604] Tray timing problems
PostPosted: 27 May 2023, 19:23 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

wildwall9 wrote:
I had a similar problem..sounds like the unit was slammed around….mine was a EAD/Cld99 ,after much frustration and rebuilding ,I realized it was timing issue..I cracked open my 99 and compared the positions of the gears ,they were way off..a few tries and it was good to go….I would also suggest replacing the belt , its surprising how many issues that can fix…
Good Luck
R

Pretty much exactly what I did! After I realized it was similar mechanicals to my cld-59.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]