It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 14:40

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: [CLD-150K] Disc not spinning
PostPosted: 11 Feb 2023, 12:58 
First post
First post

Hello
i have a CLD-150K that does not spin discs (any), it's my first LD.
When i turn it on the lens moves up and down on the rail and the lens iteself too (it has a faint red laser light in it if i look at it from the top), it then stops at the edge of a cd (what i tryed first) but the cd is not spinning at all.
The display says "0 0m00" but nothing else, it did not reconize the disc at all.

Can you regulate the lens with some pots nearby? maybe on the one in the lens itself? any suggestion on what to try? Are there any replacements i can find on the net?

Thank you

Post subject: Re: [CLD-150K] Disc not spinning
PostPosted: 19 Feb 2023, 03:22 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

It's hard to say what the issue is but whatever you do don't mess w/ pots if you have no idea of what they do. They are set a certain way for a reason and shouldn't be messed until you can verify other aspects of the player have been checked. So first off.....

Are there any loading issues w/ the unit like a squelching noise as you attempt to open/close the tray and when the tray attempts to move up and down? If not, then maybe your loading belt is healthy but it could still need replacing since you have no idea how old it is since you just bought the player. And the reason a loading belt could matter is that is affects the clamping of a disc in respect that if it's not locked down tight enough the microprocessor will not spin up because it feels the disc is too loose.

Another issue to consider is to check the ribbon cable for the laser pick-up to see if there is any damage (cuts, bent edges, etc.). If it looks fine, see about re-seating the ribbon cable that connects the laser pick up to the board. It's always possible there could be damaged traces at the end of the cable, the cable itself was not fully inserted properly to begin with, or even some odd condensation build up where re-seating will fix that connection.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]