It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:25

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: [CLD-79] Dying Spindle Motor
PostPosted: 01 Mar 2023, 22:45 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

So there are supposedly two reasons why my player might wail like a banshee: top clamp lube loss or dying spindle motor. I'm assuming the latter because in its worst mode the picture is severely impacted, but I've had it open and lubricated the clamp bearing all the same.

The interesting thing is how I can head fake it into playing. If it has chapter stops, I can skip to the end, let it recover (CLV goes slower towards the end, so it's a way for it to stabilize at a slower speed), then move towards the beginning, stabilizing at each chapter.

Absent chapter stops, I've found that changing to side B and back again gets it settled down sometimes, though less and less now. Ejecting and reloading can have a similar effect. Finally, letting it lie fallow for a day or so, unplugged and completely cold can give it a fresh start.

All that said, it's on its way out. Plus each of these methods is adding all kinds of wear to a very old machine.

I saw this on Ebay, is this right: https://www.ebay.com/itm/325551875187
?

Alternatively, anyone have one that they could part with?

Post subject: Re: CLD-79 Dying Spindle Motor
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2023, 19:10 
Honest fan
Honest fan

This is a bit late…I had the same issue.squeal and ugly picture...If you take the cover off and get your ear close..you can hear where its coming from..it was obvious on mine….mine was a clamping issue ,coupled with a worn grip ring..the chassis was twisted…I discover this by lifting it up by the outside brace.(cld99) which stopped the squeal..didnt take much…good luck.VXM1053 is the correct #
https://manuals.lddb.com/LD_Players/Pio ... Manual.pdf

One the folks here ,that provides belts ,part etc ,said he has bushings if you wanted try rebuilding it..
Ive got 2 with problems…one day ..lol..I’ll get to them..

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]