It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 23:21

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: [CLD-959] Laser assembly clicking and discs not recognized
PostPosted: 16 May 2023, 11:34 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

After a long time of not being used, my LD player started to not recognize discs of any size (CDs, and both sizes of LDs). The laser motor would move, but would then say STOP on the TV. The display on the player would not show anything was inserted. Pressing Play would do nothing.

I took it apart and replaced the loading belt while adding an RF Output for the Domsday Duplicator. Sadly, the discs were still not recognized, and now the laser assembly is making a horrible clicking sound before moving. Once it moves after ejecting and closing the tray, it stops clicking.

I found a ribbon cable that goes from the PREB assembly to the Main board and reset it because it was loose. I turned on the player and the clicking had stopped! It even played a disc properly! But then, after I put the player back together, it stopped working again. Also, the clicking is back, but not for nearly as long as it was earlier.

My laser is shining and the IR light next to it lights up when viewed through my phone camera.

What could the issue be?

Attachments:
File comment: Ribbon Cable
Ribbon Cable.png
Ribbon Cable.png [ 298.44 KiB | Viewed 877 times ]
File comment: Laser and IR Sensor
Laser and IR Sensor.png
Laser and IR Sensor.png [ 112.8 KiB | Viewed 877 times ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]