It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 11:33

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: CLD99 vs EAD/TV power boards
PostPosted: 10 Aug 2023, 20:19 
Honest fan
Honest fan

This started with the pickup lens acting like a pogo stik..jumpimg up and down after a side change..I could hear the lens grinding against the edge of the disc and then under it..ripped the white plastic ring off..I replaced the assy..worked fine initially..then the unit began powering down after a minute or so and then after a few seconds..thought it was Capacitors..Tried replacing them and found that a few or more were loose..pulled the copper and tin up from the CB…I replaced it with a cld99 board ,which works,.didnt try it for butt a few minutes..the Pickup needs adjusting and I didnt want to fry everything with my ignorance…yea I know..coulda been too late…
After much reading here ,I got the impression that the only difference between the 99 and EAD was a 3D filter…from the picture below ,that obviously is not completely accurate..The 99 has 2a 120v ,the EAD is 2a 240v…The only thing I can see that is not the same on the EAD vs 99 internally is the digital outputs that are wired to the power board….My question is…Will I ruin the EAD using the 99 board?..and what is the added 120v for?..just the digital outputs?…how much could they possibly draw?…trying to repair the board seems to be over my soldering skill level(there are many)….the EAD continues to be an adventure….if I wanted that…Id re-enlist..lol.
The picture shows the 99 on top..the EAD ,you can see the physical differences and the 2 wires that are for the digital outputs.
TIA

Attachments:
IMG_2733.jpeg
IMG_2733.jpeg [ 193.15 KiB | Viewed 991 times ]

Post subject: Re: CLD99 vs EAD/TV power boards
PostPosted: 12 Aug 2023, 00:37 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

The top one is the US power supply and the bottom is the European power supply. US uses 120V and Europe uses 240V. Outputs are the same. The European may have jumpers to make it work for 120V, cannot really see the connector by the two large caps at the input but that is where the European unit could have the selector connections for 120 or 240..

Post subject: Re: CLD99 vs EAD/TV power boards
PostPosted: 13 Aug 2023, 15:32 
Honest fan
Honest fan

Is this the jumper?

If I understand correctly..I can use the VWR1200 power board for the EAD ,with the outputs wired to the board..it looks like it works on the CLD 503,703/4,79,99 maybe others…wont be completely stock…working is better..it does have a nice sharp picture, when properly adjusted…Dont know what else to do…Unless someone wants to try a repair on the board at a responsable price…..

Attachments:
IMG_2739.jpeg
IMG_2739.jpeg [ 194.88 KiB | Viewed 910 times ]
IMG_2738.jpeg
IMG_2738.jpeg [ 189.12 KiB | Viewed 910 times ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]