It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 10:11

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: Will the Eject button work with this remote on my CLD-99?
PostPosted: 13 Aug 2023, 20:58 
True fan
True fan

CU-CLD121 which is a remote meant for CLD-59 but obviously the CLD-59 is part of the CLD-79 and CLD-99 line up or series. I have two Pioneer remotes right now that do not work with the eject button. The two models that do not work with eject button for my CLD-99 are CU-CLD103 and CU-CLD052. Those two remotes will not work with eject button on the CLD-99. I would have to touch the eject button on the faceplate to eject discs.

Post subject: Re: Will the Eject button work with this remote on my CLD-99
PostPosted: 14 Aug 2023, 23:16 
Honest fan
Honest fan

:wave:

Last edited by wildwall9 on 15 Aug 2023, 19:51, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Will the Eject button work with this remote on my CLD-99  Topic is solved
PostPosted: 14 Aug 2023, 23:37 
Honest fan
Honest fan

:yawn:

Last edited by wildwall9 on 15 Aug 2023, 19:51, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2023, 08:29 
True fan
True fan

The power button is not what I'm concerned with. I need to know if the Open/Eject button will work. My other two remotes power on the CLD-99 too. However, they don't work with the eject/open button. So I can Open the laserdisc player with the remote and not the face panel. That's what I'm trying to accomplish.

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2023, 19:39 
Honest fan
Honest fan

:thumbdown:

Last edited by wildwall9 on 18 Aug 2023, 19:31, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2023, 00:30 
True fan
True fan

https://www.ebay.com/itm/325761639146

Okay, just bought this remote for a little under $60. It's probably around how much I've paid in the past for my other Pioneer Remotes. My Dad he thinks I'm an idiot for buying it because he doesn't understand that I don't want to constantly be pressing the open button the panel of the laserdisc player. My Dad has no idea I paid $506 for my cld-99 back when I was caring for my Grandma. I was being paid well and now it sucks that I don't have a job I enjoy. I mean I'm a little disabled at the moment with my wrists being broken or very sore from a bike accident I had over a month ago but even with my physical issues. I could still care for my Grandma even with less pay but my Aunts cut me off because apparently they alleged they were running out of money even though they're still paying someone else to help care for my Grandma.

I think it's all bs but that's besides the point. Either my Grandma didn't like that I was caring for her or one of my Aunts let it out the bag that I was being paid and my Grandma didn't like that. I visited my Grandma in the past and she got a little snappy with me and said something about how I should be working at a job. The people in my family don't understand I'm probably a little Autistic or Bipolar and it's hard for me to work jobs because I get frustrated easily when I feel people are mistreating me. Anyways, I actually had a lot of fun caring for my Grandma and it kind of sucks I don't do it anymore because now I don't see her often and when she passes it might hurt a bit more. It wasn't all about the money. I wasn't just caring for my Grandma because of money. I was caring for her because I truly did care about her. Most of the time my Grandma is quite friendly. She has an excuse when she says things I feel are unpleasant because of her age. Meanwhile my sister says nasty things to me all the time which I don't excuse because she should know better but my sister is always getting high.

I also Hate that we live in such a judgemental society that people will crucify a person if they're not working 5 days out of the week or constantly working. I feel like this mentality that people always need to be working is garbage. If some people enjoy working their butts off that's great on them. I don't feel like it's something I like and it emotionally like doesn't feel right. I did enjoy my job when I worked at the movie theaters in the early mid 2000s. That job however paid really bad. Usually pay is not something I'm usually concerned with. However back in 2004-2006 I was getting paid around 5 dollars an hour after taxes I think. All I know is I remember the pay being awful and because Movie Theaters have always been struggling they cut people's hours back. Not just mine but everyone. At times there would be like one usher during the weekday. Now my oldest brother he Works occasionally then takes breaks and I think that's the smart way to go about working. I don't feel like someone should have to work like a slave.

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2023, 20:06 
True fan
True fan

Not going to send it back because it's too much effort but I notice the remote works when it wants to work. Sometimes it's not responsive and other times it works. Also the eject button seems to work but when I hit it again it doesn't close and when I press the play button it also doesn't close. I don't understand why this remote is behaving like this. Seller also listed it as is even though he also listed it in Good Condition but I don't want to deal with the hassle of sending it back and having issues with Ebay. Maybe the pins inside the remote just need to be cleaned. The pins that hold the triple a batteries in it. What should I clean that with? What would be causing the remote to work sometimes partially and other times not at all? I'm using Rayovac Batteries but I also use those batteries in my other two Pioneer remotes and they don't have this issue of the remote working sometimes and only partially. I feel like whatever is wrong with this remote must be fixable.

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2023, 18:18 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

It's probably not a battery contact issue. However, if you want to still try, use vinegar dipped on a swab on the contacts.

The most likely cause is one of two issues. One, you have dirty contacts on the keypad and in order to fix it you'll have to open up the remote and clean out the gunk. You can clean the plastic and rubber parts w/ water after you remove the board and then gently go over the board w/ a small amount of water on a swab. Two, you have a circuit board suffering an early form of oxidation on the copper traces and if that is the case you really can't fix that. Here is an example of what that looks like....

I'm leaning toward the first issue which is a good thing if that is the case.

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2023, 21:07 
True fan
True fan

Remote works fine. I just tested it some more today but the problem is I have to really hit the sensors. Like sometimes I have to be fairly close or aiming it just perfectly. The Eject button works and when I hit play it will close the laserdisc player. This is crazy though. It's got a weak sensor that is very picky. Maybe that's just an issue with the CLD-99. Where you have to be just perfect. That's the problem making the side screen so small. On normal laserdisc players the panel screen is bigger. :lol:

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2023, 07:39 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

jesuslovesgood wrote:
Remote works fine. I just tested it some more today but the problem is I have to really hit the sensors. Like sometimes I have to be fairly close or aiming it just perfectly.

Is this the same issue w/ the other Pioneer remotes you have tried?

If not, test this bad remote and the good one by shining their IR into a webcam camera and compare if the light outputs are different. If they are, maybe the bad remote might need a new capacitor that powers the LED emitter.

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2023, 01:11 
Honest fan
Honest fan

Or if youre like me and have Apple products that wont read IR../Get a Germanium Diode and a Multi Meter, hook the ends of the diode to the probes ,set it to DC/200m …..you need to position the remote in the sweet spot..trial and error..I taped the shuttle dial on for the picture.
See pics

Attachments:
IMG_2821.jpeg
IMG_2821.jpeg [ 151.34 KiB | Viewed 2274 times ]
IMG_2820.jpeg
IMG_2820.jpeg [ 164.84 KiB | Viewed 2274 times ]
IMG_2818.jpeg
IMG_2818.jpeg [ 169.97 KiB | Viewed 2274 times ]

Last edited by wildwall9 on 09 Sep 2023, 03:02, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2023, 01:19 
Honest fan
Honest fan

jesuslovesgood wrote:
Remote works fine. I just tested it some more today but the problem is I have to really hit the sensors. Like sometimes I have to be fairly close or aiming it just perfectly. The Eject button works and when I hit play it will close the laserdisc player. This is crazy though. It's got a weak sensor that is very picky. Maybe that's just an issue with the CLD-99. Where you have to be just perfect. That's the problem making the side screen so small. On normal laserdisc players the panel screen is bigger. :lol:

If its oxidation aka Rot…..you can try scrapping the coating to the copper at each connection point and use a jumper wire(s) and solder it in place..suggest coating it with hotglue.. its a pain…works more often than not ,at least on a larger CB..never tried it on a remote board..

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ]