It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 14:29

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: [CLD-S201] Not displaying video
PostPosted: 25 Sep 2023, 15:14 
First post
First post

I found this laserdisc player in the library of my church, no clue why it was there or how long it had been there for. I eventually got permission to take it home and tried putting a dvd in it not realizing that it could only play cd music discs and not dvd's so i thought it was broken, fast forward a month and i realized the there was absolutely nothing wrong with it. New obsession. Last night i bought and watched Pink Floyd: The Wall, then found out that it was only displaying in 480p, so this morning I was messing with the aspect ratios of my TV. I wanted to see what the movie looked like with a stretched aspect ratio, so I put in the wall, it cut to black and i could only hear the audio. I tried unplugging the player and TV and the av cables, but nothing worked. I know that this specific player it one of the worst ones that pioneer ever made and it could just be because of it's age or poor quality, but I'm not buying a new one, way too expensive. Could someone help me out?

Post subject: Re: pioneer cld-s201 not displaying video
PostPosted: 25 Sep 2023, 16:10 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Sounds like a cable or TV issue, LD will only display 480 so good luck.

Post subject: Re: [CLD-S201] Not displaying video
PostPosted: 25 Sep 2023, 20:11 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

LD players don’t output 480p or any other p.

Don’t watch movies stretched. If it’s square, watch it square. If it’s wide, watch it wide.

The issue is probably your modern TV not syncing. Try another TV, preferably a tube.

The S201 is for sure one of the worst players but not because it’s unreliable. It’s probably more reliable that most players. It’s just a “bad” player because it has no features, it’s loud, and the picture sucks. It’s only “bad” compared to other players.

https://youtu.be/b3O-vHpHRpM

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]